Why AOL Desktop Gold not Showing Email? Solved
Often, the AOL users complain about the AOL Desktop Gold not showing email, which can be due to improper mail settings, inadequate system configuration, or mail sync related errors. At times the users confused the un-synced mails with the missing emails problem, hence to sync them properly, you need to check your internet connection or improve its bandwidth.
The problem gets more serious when you have established a stable and secured network but still your AOL Desktop Gold not showing email of certain types. To fix such an issue, you will need to check the email filter settings or spam folder; if you cannot find them, you will have to try some advance fixes by following this guide’s instructions. Moreover, contact Email Support Number for immediate solution.
Points to be Remember When AOL Desktop Gold not showing email
Before moving further towards troubleshooting, you must check the below prerequisites. Sometimes not adhering to these necessary points results in “not showing an email” error.
- Make sure your system is installed with the latest version of your operating system.
- Always equip your computer with the trusted antivirus software, and keep running malware and antivirus scan to remove the threats from your system.
- Check if you have downloaded the latest version of AOL Desktop Gold.
- Make sure to renew your AOL Desktop Gold subscription on time; otherwise, you might not be able to see your emails in Gold Desktop.
- Also, verify your system to satisfy the minimum configuration requirement.
AOL Desktop Gold not showing email! Check minimum system requirement
To run your AOL Gold Desktop smoothly and access email, your system must meet these minimum requirements.
- Operating system: Update your system to Windows 7 or higher version.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): 1 GB RAM minimum is required.
- Hard Disk Memory: At least 512 MB of free disk space is needed to run AOL Desktop Gold.
- Processor Requirement: 266 MHz or faster computer processor required.
- Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 or higher screen resolution is recommended to browse, access email, and watch content on Desktop Gold.
- Web browser: Internet Explorer 7+
- And lastly, you will need a secure and stable internet connection.
Quick Steps to fix AOL Desktop Gold not showing email
To fix Gold Desktop not showing an email, you will need to execute different measures. The primary diagnosis should be to check and correct the broadband connection errors, which plays a significant role in this error occurrence. And if still, the AOL Gold Desktop doesn’t show email, then you will have to uninstall the program and reinstall it again.
Method 1: Check network connection
An active and stable connection is required to keep running the Desktop Gold program. Verify the steps given below to diagnose the network.
- Check physical wires and connection
Make sure all the wires and cables are intact and locked at their place. You can unplug the connections and then plug them again to verify. A looser cable will result in a no internet network.
- Restart the router
The traditional turn-off and turn-on approach are sometimes fruitful to get back the network signals and fix errors in your router. Also, ensure that network signal light is solid on the router box.
- Place your router close to your computer
The router should be kept close to your computer with no obstructions in between. Also, do not connect more two devices at a time to your broadband.
- Clear browser history and cache files
At times the accumulation of too many files in browser and cache may result in AOL Desktop Gold not showing email issue. You may clear the browser history and cache files in the settings menu of your browser to fix it.
Method 2: Uninstall AOL Desktop Gold
If the network connection is not causing AOL Gold email error, then you have to uninstall the program and reinstall it again.
To uninstall, you can head over to the Control Panel in your computer, then click Programs and now select Programs and Features. Now scroll over the list, choose Gold AOL Desktop, and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change. Soon after following the on-screen instructions, uninstall the program from your computer.
Method 3: Download AOL Desktop Gold
Depending on your AOL Gold subscription and plan, you can download it as per the instructions below. Check your AOL category and then follow the prompts.
AOL Advantage plan members
If you are AOL advantage plan members, then Desktop Gold will be included in your membership at no additional cost.
- Firstly you need to visit the AOL login page.
- Now login to your account using Username and Password.
- Then visit the All Products section and select AOL Desktop Gold.
- Now click Download Now.
- Hereafter, follow all the instructions to download the AOL Desktop Gold to your system.
AOL Desktop Gold Trail subscription
- Visit the AOL login page from your computer browser.
- Now go to My Services or Subscriptions
- Further, select AOL Desktop Gold and click Get Started.
- After that, you will need to follow the instructions to download the AOL Gold Desktop.
- Another option is to download using an inbox link, but that won’t work in your case because you are unable to access emails.
Method 4: Install the program to fix AOL Desktop Gold not showing email
To install AOL Gold to your computer follows the steps given below:
- On your computer, go to the File Explorer
- Now open the Downloads folder.
- Search for Install AOL Desktop icon and double click over it.
- A new window will pop up, click Run over it.
- If your system asks for permission, then click Yes.
- After that, click Install Now.
The Desktop Gold program is an enhanced version of AOL with some navigation features to improve the user experience. While sometimes AOL Desktop Gold not showing email is a widespread problem, and it will not let you access emails and messages. However, now that too can be resolved with the effective fixes from this guide