Why Is My Outlook Not Displaying Email Content? How Can I Do
As we all know, Outlook has been one of the best email clients serving its users since 1996. Users find the Outlook user interface easy, which enables them to perform emailing without any confusion. But being a program, Outlook also undergoes many technical glitches that affect your daily emailing activities, professionally or personally. Many users stated that there is no content email when they open the Outlook email. This Outlook not displaying email content issues can irritate you. Here with this blog, we will help you to get the email content with some easy solutions that you can perform efficiently on your own.
The body of email not showing in Outlook is common issue users face. We have a user query which encountering the same; let’s have a look:
“Yesterday, I received an email in my Outlook from a client, but when I accessed the email, the email content not displaying in Outlook. And I refreshed Outlook many times but faced the same problem. In this case, I also confirmed with the client that he sent a blank email, but he denied it. I don’t know what goes wrong with my Outlook email and need assistance to get the email content and resolve this issue, as I have to complete my work. It would be thankful!”
This issue can occur for various reasons, which we will discuss in the next section.
Read Also – Outlook Calendar Not Showing Appointments
Reason For Outlook Not Displaying Email Content
Whenever the content not showing in Outlook, this can affect your work. This issue can occur due to the following reasons:
- Internet connectivity is slow, which takes time to load.
- Outlook is not updated to the latest release, showing glitches.
- Sometimes, the senders send blank emails.
- Improper email download settings.
- System antivirus interrupts Outlook functioning.
Now, let’s resolve the issue after knowing the reasons.
Solution of Outlook Not Displaying Email Content Issue
Outlook not showing content of emails issue can be resolved easily. In this section, you will get the solutions to fix your issue, get the email content, and pursue your work. The solutions are:
Solution 1: Check the Internet
The first step when this issue occurs is to check the internet. Sometimes, the email can’t load properly due to an internet outage. So when you access the email with a low internet connection, your email can be stuck at one point and not show you the email content. Therefore, it is necessary to check the internet and its speed.
Solution 2: Open the Outlook in Safe Mode and Remove Faulty Add-ins
Many programs interrupt Outlook’s functioning, which also causes the “Outlook not displaying email content”; issue. So, to fix the problem, open your Outlook in safe mode, and then we will remove the faulty add-ins to get the email content back. The following are the steps:
Open Outlook in Safe Mode
- Firstly, open the Run command window by pressing the Windows+R keys.
- Secondly, type Outlook.exe/safe in the given field and press the Enter button.
Now Outlook is opened in safe mode, let’s remove the faulty add-ins to fix the Outlook not displaying email content.
Remove Faulty Add-ins
- Reach the Outlook menu and select the File tab.
- In the second step, choose the options tab and then pick the Add-Ins options.
- Now, from the Manage field, select COM Add-ins and hit the OK button.
- After that, uncheck all the add-ins checkboxes and click on OK.
- At last, restart your Outlook in normal mode.
If the email is in plain text, then pursue the following steps to fix Outlook not displaying email content
- Go to the File and select Open.
- Then, select Maila and choose the Stationery and Fonts option.
- Now, from the Composing and Reading Plain Text messages, you have to choose Font>>Font Color>>Automatic.
Solution 3: Repair Outlook Program
Your Outlook not displaying email content when your Outlook program is damaged. It can show you issues like the same. So, to get the emails back, you have to repair Outlook with the following:
- Right-click the Windows Start button in the first step and choose the Apps and Features option.
- Then, select the Microsoft Office Product and click on Modify.
- Now, you will see two options to repair Outlook – Quick Repair and Online Repair
- If you choose Quick Repair, then,
- Choose Repair and click on Continue. Your Outlook will repair quickly.
- If you choose Online Repair, then follow the given steps:
- Click on Online Repair and then Repair.
- After that, a message will pop up – “We will download files to repair the installation.”
- Click on Repair to begin the repair.
- When the Online Repair ends, you will see a completion message “Office 365 will installed now”.
- Click on Close at last.
Solution 4: Update Outlook
When Outlook is not updated, it can show technical glitches in your Outlook not displaying email content. So, to fix the issue, you must update Outlook with the following steps:
- In the first step, go to the File and choose Office Account or Account.
- Then, click on the Product Information and then Update Options.
- Now, click on the Update Now button.
- Lastly, close the You are Up to Date window.
You should enable the auto-update; this will update Outlook automatically. Enable it with the following steps:
- Go to the File and choose Office Account.
- Click on the Update Options and then Enable Updates.
- At last, click on Yes, and your auto-update is enabled.
When Outlook not displaying email content, it can be a frustrating moment that needs to be fixed. With this blog, we present you with the solutions that can help you get the email content back. It is also suggested to update the MS Office with the latest release for not getting this type of issue with Outlook. However, if your email content is still not displaying, then feel free to contact our Email Technical Experts to resolve your issue with advanced solutions. Email and tell them about the same. For immediate solutions, use the Live Chat option. Thank You!