Forgetting a password is not a big deal but it could be a nightmare if you are unable to reset it. If your AOL reset password is not working then you don’t have to worry because we have come up with a number of solutions and we are sure that they will work in your favor. You will be able to access your AOL ID in no time. You can avail Email Technical Help for quick solution at your desk from technical experts.
Before coming to the conclusion of AOL reset password not working, you can try to change your password by following the below mentioned steps-
- Go to ‘Account Security’
- Select ‘Change Password’
- Enter a new password
- Click on ‘Continue’
Causes behind AOL reset password not working
If you are going through AOL reset password not working issue then it is quite obvious that you won’t be able to change the password. Generally, AOL doesn’t let you change the password due to the following reasons:
- Browser related problem- If you are unable to reset your password in the web browser then you should clear the cache and retry. If you are still unable to fix it then try using the incognito mode and see if you are able to reset AOL password or not.
- Recovery Option- When you create a new ID, you are asked a few recovery questions just in case you get locked out of your account. However, if you fill in the right answers but it keeps on showing ‘incorrect answer’ then it’s a possibility that your account has been hacked. In this case, you will find yourself in AOL reset password not working situation.
- It could also be because you are sending spam content via mail or you have logged in your account from various devices which triggers the AOL security alert.
Precautions if you are facing AOL reset password not working issue
- Login to your AOL account and select the option which helps you to log out from all the devices you signed in through
- Ensure that you aren’t sending any unsolicited mail to anyone. If so, then contact the Email Desktop Gold Support to get help.
- Get in touch with your bank and ask if your credit card has been used at some unusual place which is not in your knowledge. If so then get your card blocked and contact the support team to notify them about the same.
- You can also ask official AOL support to change the respective credit card linked to your account.
Steps to AOL Password Recovery
Follow the below steps to recover the saved AOL password-
- Open the web browser
- Go to the menu and open ‘Settings’
- Scroll down till you find the Password option
- You will be able to see a list of saved passwords from where you can locate your aol login credentials
- To see the password, it will ask you to enter the admin password post which you will be able to see your AOL password.
If this helps you with the password then congratulations! You have it right there. However, if this was of no help to you then you can continue reading so that you find a solution.
The basic solution to AOL reset password not working issue
Before going to the advanced level, try these basic steps to get rid of AOL reset password not working issue.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache
- Try restarting the browser
- Use a different web browser
- Try logging into a different sign-in page, for instance, AOL Mail sign-in page
Possible conditions where AOL password is not working
If the above general steps didn’t work for you and you feel that your problem is pretty specific then don’t worry as we have answers to all your problems related to AOL reset password not working condition. We will be addressing the following issues and you can simply navigate to the most relatable one-
- Forgot username or password
- AOL account has been hacked
- Invalid password error
- First time sign in message
- Not asked to verify your identity
- Sign in screen keeps on reloading
1. Forgot Username or Password
- Use the sign in helper to find your username and access your account again by using recovery mail id or number
- If you know your username then reset your password and create a strong one once you log in to your account again
- If your password is saved in the browser then you can simply use the option of ‘auto fill’ in order to find the password.
2. AOL Account has been hacked
- Launch Desktop Gold and fill in the username and then click on ‘Continue’
- Click on ‘Forgot Password’
- On the next screen, enter your registered recovery mail ID or phone number to reset the password
- If you are using the mail ID then open it in the browser to check the AOL mail and click on the Password reset link.
- If you type AOL registered phone number then enter the OTP
- After this, you will be directed to the password reset page. Type the new password and click on ‘Ok’ to change the password.
3. Invalid Password
- Check caps lock or num lock keys as they can change the value of what you’re actually typing.
- If your browser saves passwords then you are required to update your auto fill settings after changing your password.
- If you can access your account in a different browser then the problem isn’t with your account for sure. You are required to fix the issue in your current browser.
- It is kind of possible that an unauthorized party could have broken in and altered your password. You can use the Sign-in Helper to get access to your account and change your password. Make sure you review your account settings to undo changes that were not done by you and secure your account.
4. If you see ‘First-time sign in’ message
If you sign in from a different device or location that you haven’t used before then you will be asked to enter a verification code which is sent to your recovery phone or email to verify that it’s certainly you.
5. Not asked to verify your identity
It is a standard protocol to send a verification code when you sign in from a different device, browser or location for the first time. After successful verification, you may not be asked to enter a verification code again when you sign in using the same device, browser or location. Go to your Recent activity page to de-authorize the respective device.
6. Sign in screen keeps on reloading
If the sign-in screen keeps recurring after you click ‘Sign in’ then you will need to reset the ‘sign-in’ cookie.
- After entering your username on the sign-in page, click ‘Not you?’
- Fill in your username and password and click ‘Sign In’
We hope that the above mentioned solutions were able to help you out with the AOL reset password not working issue. However, if you are still facing any issue then feel free to Email Technical Help and we will be happy to help you.