Microsoft Outlook has been widely and popularly used worldwide to send and receive emails. Tonnes of mails are exchanged every hour via MS Outlook. But sometimes users might experience an error 0x800ccc0f while sending emails through outlook and a few of them have encountered the same error while receiving the emails. That’s the reason many users ask how to fix Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f? But first, let us know more about this cryptic code. To know more you can also contact outlook Email Online Support.
What is Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f?
While sending or receiving mails the outlook users sometimes encounter a warning message Sending and Receiving error reports (0x800ccc0f): The Connection to the server is interrupted.
Some of you might not even receive this error message but could be falling under the same trap which becomes really shocking.
There could be multiple reasons behind this SMTP email error code:
- Weak internet connection.
- Your antivirus firewall is blocking the mail transfer process in MS outlook.
- There are chances of mail server technical problems.
- Possibilities of corrupted .pst outlook data files.
All these reasons can be easily resolved using the below-mentioned measures.
Steps to Fix Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f
Method 1: Ensure strong internet connection
For proper exchange of emails and to avoid any error you need to ensure a strong internet connection. Alternatively, you can check if any other website is opening in your system if it doesn’t open that means there is a network issue.
To troubleshoot the connectivity issue you need to renew your IP by fixing TCP/IP configuration the following way:
- On your computer press “Windows+R” keys together and open the command prompt.
- Now type exe
- Further, on your screen type ipconfig/renew, repeat this twice.
Although this method will work to fix Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f but in case if it doesn’t then you can try to update the network device driver. From your device manager, you need to find and click the “Network Adapters”. Thereafter right-click on your network name and click “Update Driver Software”. Now, wait for the network drivers to update.
Method 2: Turn off Antivirus
Antivirus protects your system from malware and viruses but sometimes hampers and interferes with the outlook activities, which results in the occurrence of an Error code 0x800ccc0f.
You can try to disable and turn off the antivirus software and check if your outlook responds perfectly on not! You can simply right-click the icon of antivirus in the system tray and select disable icon to fix Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f.
Alternatively, you can disable or turn off the antivirus from task manager, click the ”startup tab” and then click ”disable” in front of your antivirus software. Now restart your computer to save the changes.
Method 3: Turn off the Windows Firewall
If the fixes suggested above don’t work then you will have to diagnose the error in Windows firewall. Follow the below-mentioned steps to turn off the firewall in Windows 10.
- Type “Windows Firewall” on your computer search bar.
- Now you will have to open the “Windows Defender Firewall” app.
- Further, a new window will pop up which displays “private and public network settings”.
- Click “Turn off Windows Firewall” for both the network settings.
- Hit “Ok” to continue. This will fix Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f.
Alternatively, you can follow the below process if you are unable to follow the above method.
- Search for the “Control Panel” on your computer.
- Now right click on “Network Connections” and click “Open”.
- The Internet properties window will open and click “Security”.
- Further, turn off the “Windows Firewall”.
You can also check if your MS outlook app is allowed through the Windows Firewall or not.
Repeat the previous steps and reach the windows defender firewall in the control panel.
- You will have to click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” On the top left side of the screen.
- Now click “Change Settings”.
- Search for Microsoft office outlook and ✔both the options.
- Finally, you have to press “Ok” to save the settings.
Switching off the Windows Firewall helps a lot to fix Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f.
Method 4: Adjust and Increase Server Timeouts in Outlook
Sometimes due to shorter server timeout settings there occurs the problem of error code 0x800ccc0f. To solve this you can increase the server timeout settings by the following method:
- On your MS outlook software, you need to select the “file” tab.
- Further, you will have to open the Email accounts window.
- First you need to click “Account Settings”.
- Now you will have to click “Change” and then click “More Settings”. This will open the email accounts window.
- Further, you will have to click “Advanced”.
- Now you need to slide the “Server Timeouts” bar to extreme right. And click “Ok”.
This step will fix Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f, you can also try the fixes explained further.
Method 5: Safe Mode MS Outlook
There are several add-ins in outlook that might interfere with the software, so running outlook in safe mode resolves the issue too much extent. Let’s see how to run outlook in safe mode:
- First, press “Windows+R” together and open the “Run” dialogue box.
- Now type “Outlook/safe” and click “Ok”.
- Click “Ok” in the next Choose profile window.
- Repair Outlook personal folder (.pst files)
Here you will be using outlook personal inbox repair tool to fix the error code 0x800ccc0f.
- Type file explorer in the search bar of your computer.
- A new window will open with the name “File Explorer Options”.
- Here you need to click “View”.
- Further you need to to click “Show hidden files, folders and drivers” and click “Apply” then further click “Ok”.
- Now search for scanpst.exe in the search bar and open it.
- Thereafter run this inbox repair tool but clicking “Start” and click “Repair” if the tool detects any corrupted data file.
- The tool will diagnose and fix Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f.
Now you have been provided with the troubleshooting guide to resolve and fix Outlook Email Send Error 0x800ccc0f on your own. You just need to follow all the 6 steps in a described way, if one step fails then proceed to next one, eventually you will get success to solve this error.