SBCGlobal is a popular email service provider catering to numerous people worldwide. However, despite the email service being user-friendly, it does behave unusually sometimes. Many email users report their SBCGlobal email not working on their specific devices. The problem can arise in iPhones as well as computer systems. Login issues, loading problems, and the inability to download attachments are prevalent. You must be equipped with the necessary troubleshooting if you are also an SBCGlobal email service user. Here in this post, we have got every essential element you need to know about a malfunctioning SBCGlobal email covered. Read it till the end.
Read Also – Why SBCGlobal Email Not Receiving
What Factors Cause SBCGlobal Email Not Working Issue?
You must be aware of the triggering factors of your SBCGlobal email being unresponsive. Here are the most important causes.
- Your internet connectivity is glitchy.
- Too much junk in your browsers, such as cookies and cache.
- The inbox and outbox mail server configuration for SBCGlobal is incorrect
- The browser version you are using is old.
- Your login credentials are wrong.
- The email configuration is not correct.
Fixes to Use When SBCGlobal Email Is Not Working
Many causes of this issue are simple to troubleshoot. Just keep following the instructions, and your email will start working smoothly.
1. Fix the Performance of your Browser
A browser that isn’t updated will cause SBCGlobal email not to work properly. It’s essential to keep updating your browser at regular intervals so as to prevent the occurrence of such problems. You must clear cookies and site data from whichever browser you are using.
It is easy to clear browser junk. Just go to its settings and get rid of all your browsing data.
2. Rectify SBCGlobal Mail Server Settings
Many people wonder why SBCGlobal stopped working on their Android devices. A probable cause is incorrect mail server configuration. You must set the incoming or IMAP server and outgoing or SMTP settings correctly. Use these settings when setting up the email account on your phone.
- The IMAP server name must be mail.yahoo.com.
- 993 is your incoming port number.
- SSL is very much needed.
- The SMTP server name must be mail.yahoo.com.
- 465 or 587 is the port number.
- SSL and authentication are both required.
3. Utilize a Browser that AT&T Supports
Certain web browsers work best with SBCGlobal email. If you are not using one of them, there are high chances of you facing different email errors. So, upgrade to any of of these:
- Safari for Mac
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari for Mac
- Google Chrome
Also, remember not to use any Internet Explorer and Safari 5 or versions prior to it.
4. Fix email Sending and Receiving Errors in SBCGlobal Email
How often have you encountered issues in sending and receiving email messages? Some reasons for this glitch are email filters, blocked email addresses, and email forwarding. Use these tips to rectify these causes.
- Remove the email filters you’ve set. Then check if you can find the email you expected to receive in your inbox.
- Go through your account’s blocked list and see if you have accidentally placed the email sender in it.
- If you’ve configured email forwarding, turn it off. Head to this link and sign in. Now deactivate the email forwarding setting.
- You must also request your recipient to check if they have placed your email ID in their blocked list. It can be why you aren’t able to send your messages to them.
5. Fix SBCGlobal email not Responding on iPhone
Do you generally use your SBCGlobal email on iPhone but find it not working on it? If yes, then it’s time to apply the fixes mentioned below.
- Force restart your device when you face this problem. It is a simple workaround that almost always works in many cases.
- Update your iPhone. it is easy to update your device. Just head to ‘Settings’ and choose the ‘General’ option. From there, select ‘Software Update’ followed by ‘Download’ and then ‘Install.’
- Ensure that you have a proper network connection. Go to your iPhone’s settings and choose the ‘Cellular’ option. Then go to the ‘Mail’ section and turn the slider to ‘Green.’
- Review the server status of this email service. If you find that the servers of AT&T are down on the website downdetector.com, you’ll face email errors. Another good website to examine server status is isitdownforeveryoneorjustme.com.
6. Reset your SBCGlobal email Account Password
Are you troubled by sign-in issues in your SBCGlobal email account? Many email users report that their account deems the password they enter as incorrect. It does not get accepted. The best solution to sign-in problems is resetting the password. Here’s the procedure for it.
- Navigate to att.com/myatt.
- Find the option ‘Forgot password?‘ and tap it.
- Next, complete the password information.
- Opt for the ‘Temporary password‘ option and use the prompts you see on the screen.
- After you choose this option, you will be notified by the AT&T team about the new password.
- After you get the notification, proceed to make your new password.
7. Set Up a Secure Mail Key
If you use the Yahoo Mail app and are having issues signing in, you can configure a secure mail key. Follow these steps.
- Head to ‘Profile’ and select ‘Sign-in Info.’
- Choose the account that requires the mail key.
- Go down to ‘Secure Mail Key’ and choose the ‘Manage secure mail key’ option.
- Choose the ‘Add secure mail key’ option.
- Now input a nickname for this key.
- Then, select ‘Create secure mail key.’
- Choose ‘Copy secure mail key to clipboard.’
- Write the mail key somewhere, so you don’t forget it.
- Tap ‘OK.’
- Now head to your email application and substitute the existing password with the secure mail key.
- If you use an IMAP account, you must remove the prior password for SMTP and IMAP servers. Then substitute it with the mail key.
Now you must be convinced that troubleshooting issue with SBCGlobal email is not really tough. Usually, you will find your SBCGlobal email not working due to minor glitches. Apply these fixes, and you will soon find the triggers for it. If you want more troubleshooting guidance, consult email technical support experts.