Well, AOL desktop Gold freezes or not responding is one of the most common issues faced by AOL users. The problem can occur due to various reasons like virus attack, device compatibility issue, and other such issues either with your PC or browser.
It doesn’t matter what’s the cause, the issue can be fixed by following a couple of measures and solutions provided in this blog.
If you are also facing any such issue while using AOL Desktop Gold, then you must read this blog to fix it right away.
If you want to get help for your AOL Desktop Gold desktop instead of spending time fixing it on your own, then feel free to contact AOL Email Technical Help to get assistance from experts. You can give us a call at our helpline or talk to our live chat agents online to discuss your issue and get help.
Easy Steps to Fix “AOL Desktop Gold Freezes” Issue
So, if you are not able to access AOL Desktop Gold because it freezes every time you open it or if it is not responding at all, then we’ve got you covered. Given below are the steps that you can follow to fix your AOL Desktop Gold easily.
However, if you will not be able to fix your AOL Desktop using the steps below, then you can move to the next section which describes other solutions that would do the work for you.
Fix “AOL Desktop Gold Freezes” Issue with the steps below:
- The first step to exit from all programs that you are running at the current moment and then restart your device. Doing this will stop any other program running in the background of your computer.
- After restarting your PC, you should check if there’s enough storage in your system to run AOL Desktop Gold properly. You can free up some space by deleting unnecessary files and applications from your device.
- You are required to scan your device for any Virus or malware. Make sure to use a decent Antivirus and Anti- Malware software. If you find any malicious content, file, or virus on your PC, delete it asap using the software.
- Make sure your internet is working fine. You can check your internet speed online and try switching to any other Wi-Fi to see if that fixes your issue.
- If you are facing the issue only with a particular browser, then you are needed to uninstall it. After that, install the latest version of your browser or simply use any other browser for using AOL Desktop Gold.
- At last, if the AOL Desktop Gold only started freezing or not responding after you’ve made some changes to your system settings. Then you should backup and restore your device to bring it back to the last state when your AOL Gold was working fine.
After following all the above steps, exit from everything you are running at the moment and then launch AOL Desktop Gold again. Check if your AOL Desktop Gold Freezes or still not responding.
If the issue persists, continue with the solutions given below:
More Solutions to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Freezes Issue
If you are not able to fix the “AOL Desktop Gold Freezes” or not responding with any of the above-mentioned steps, then there must be an issue with your AOL software. To find out if there’s an issue with your AOL Desktop Gold, use the steps below:
Solution 1: Run AOL Desktop Gold with Admin Account
Maybe the issue is with other programs interrupting with your AOL software. In order to be sure, you must try and run the AOL Desktop Gold application with Admin rights and see if the issue still exists.
- Navigate to the AOL Desktop Gold application icon, not the shortcut icon.
- Now right-click on it and then select Run As Administrator option.
- Try using the application and see if you are still facing any issue like “AOL Desktop Gold Freezes or Not Responding”.
Solution 2: Reinstall and Run AOL Software in the Compatibility Mode
Most of the time, the issue can be a result of an outdated AOL Desktop Gold version. So, you must delete the AOL application from your device and reinstall the latest version of it. After that, you are required to run it in the compatibility mode and install the software. Use the below steps to run AOL Desktop Gold in compatibility mode:
- First of all, you must download the AOL Desktop Gold installation file from the official website of AOL or any of the reliable sources.
- Save the AOL installation file on your desktop.
- After saving the software, head to the Desktop window and navigate the installer file.
- Right-click on the file and click on properties.
- Now select the Compatibility Mode option and check the Run this program in compatibility mode box.
- After that click on the drop-down arrow to open up the menu and then select your previous operating system.
- Now click on OK and then reinstall AOL Gold.
Some other troubleshooting solutions that you can try include:
- Updating AOL software to the latest version.
- Diagnosing any issue with your operating system and then fixing it.
- Checking if your PC is even compatible to run AOL Desktop Gold or not.
We hope the above steps have helped you fix your “AOL Desktop Gold Freezes or not responding” issue.
However, if the issue persists and you can’t help it anyway, contact AOL Email Technical Support for assistance. Our email professionals have years of experience in fixing such issues and can fix your AOL Desktop Gold and any other AOL email problems in a jiffy. All you need is to give us a call at our Email Technical Help number and we’ll be there to help you.