Why is my Hotmail not Syncing on iPhone, Android and Windows?
Hotmail is suitably the most helpful email service that provides many valuable features and services to the users to connect with people. But sometimes user unable to sync Hotmail account on iPhone, Android and Windows. Hotmail account not syncing problem usually arise due to improper Hotmail settings on the device or Hotmail server issue. So, let’s explore all of the issues related to Hotmail not syncing and ways to resolve them.
Why is my Hotmail not syncing with various devices?
If Hotmail account not syncing on various devices and every device has some specific factors that may lead to such problems. So, let’s explore some of the common issues that are responsible for creating syncing error. So, the common causes are:
- Improper setting of outlook email clients.
- Server problem Outlook or Hotmail
Android Based Devices
- Setting issues in the default email app
- Improper installation of outlook app
iOS Based Devices
- Wrong setting of timing in Email app
- Disallowing sync permission.
So, here we have discussed all possible causes of Hotmail not syncing with the devices; now it’s time to move to the solutions of all the problems mentioned above.
How to Fix Hotmail not syncing Problem?
Hotmail not syncing is one of the common issues in any of your devices due to various issues. And the cause is different for every device, so you have to do the different tricks for each device you want to sync. However, the user needs to apply a different solution for every other device to fix the issue. So, let’s explore the ways for each type of device.
How do I sync my Android with Hotmail?
It is an automatic process as soon as you add and configure your account if your Hotmail not syncing android. However, as we are looking at an error, it is suggested to check the connection, reset your account or, eventually, roll back the app to an older bug-less version.
1. Check the connection
Make sure that your device is connected to stable Wi-Fi. Next, inspect the connection and see whether any other app suffers from network issues. If the problem is isolated to H, then you can move to another step.
2. Reset the account if Hotmail not syncing android
The Hotmail app offers a built-in reset option if emails are not syncing. First, open individual account settings within the app. Once you reset the account, the syncing process will get started and, hopefully, fix the problem for good.
3. Remove and then add your account
You were moving forward. Of course, if still you are facing any issue, you can try and remove the account. Along with that, you can navigate to Outlook in a web browser and extract the Android device from the Sync list.
4. Reinstall Outlook
If the Hotmail still not syncing, then reinstall the app and give it another go. Usually, Microsoft tends to its Play Store apps, but there might be a bug in the current version. If nothing is working, then the reinstallation should fix it for good.
Fix Hotmail not syncing with iPhone
If you face Hotmail not syncing with your iPhone and unable to check/send/receive emails from your iPhone device, you are in the right place.
Here, we discuss the “Hotmail not working” problem in detail and provide some recommended procedures/methods to fix this issue on iPhone. But, first, let’s starts the discussion.
Solution 1: Reconfiguration of your Hotmail Account on iPhone
- Open the app “Settings” on iPhone
- Select Mail, move to Contacts, then Calendars Option and delete your “Hotmail Account” from your iPhone.
- Now, select “Add Account.”
- Choose “Microsoft Exchange” as your account type
- Enter details of your Hotmail account
- Choose “m.hotmail.com” as your server address
- When your iPhone authenticates your Hotmail Account, the email slider to the “On Position..”
Solution 2: Check Mail Days to Sync Settings, and follow the steps
- Open the “Settings” in your App and choose “Password & Accounts.”
- Select “Hotmail Account” and then move to next and select “Mail Days to Sync.”
- Select “No limit” to receive your email regularly and sync all your emails.
How Do I Fix Hotmail Not Syncing in Windows?
When Hotmail emails are not syncing in Windows 10, then try to repair your account. Here are the steps to fix an Outlook account that is not syncing emails or not downloading new ones in Windows 10.
- Open Outlook, and go to the File tab using the file to fix the outlook not syncing.
- Under Account Information, click the Account Settings option using account settings to fix the outlook not syncing error.
- When the Accounts Settings window opens, select the email account that fails to sync and click the Repair button repairing if Outlook is not syncing error.
- Now the Repair Account window will open. Here check the fields and click Next.
- Hotmail will get started and the repair process of the account.
- The network connection will be enabled.Log on to the server and look to the email account settings to check if everything is working fine.
- Use Change Account to verify if Hotmail is Not Syncing When the process is done, use the following troubleshooting methods to verify if the email is still not syncing.
- In the last step, move to File, choose “Account Setting”, and then select Change Account Tab. to check the “Test Account Settings” as the last option.
Also Read: How to Fix Hotmail not Working Problem?
Here we have discussed Hotmail not syncing, its reason and the ways to fix these issues. These are simple issues, and you can try these on your own. But if you are unable to do it on your own, then you can connect to us. We have a team of a specialized engineer who can fix such issues in a single phone call.