Trying to access your account but Hotmail not working? That seems like a problem but no worries as you’re here now. In this blog, you’ll find the latest solutions to fix your Hotmail not working issue on your own.
It is common to face certain issues with your email accounts or applications and the good thing is you don’t even need to go anywhere. Such issues can be fixed easily by the user itself just like today you are going to fix your Hotmail issue on your own. But before we jump to the troubleshooting steps, let’s learn why such issues occur with Hotmail and what its causes are.
Why is Your Hotmail Not Working?
Hotmail is among the very first webmail services that offered free email services worldwide. The email service has a user base of 400 million. In 2012, Hotmail was renamed to Outlook.com. Users are still allowed to access their previous account with hotmail.com as well as they can also create new domains with hotmail.com. Although Hotmail or Outlook is one of the most reliable email services worldwide, there are times when you can face issues with it. Many users have complained about Hotmail not working, or accepting or sending emails. Such an issue can cause a lot of distress especially if you need to send or access your email urgently.
If you are also experiencing any such issue and wondering “why is my Hotmail not working”, then you should read the reasons below.
- Too many caches and cookies stored on your web browser
- Poor Internet connection
- Wrong Hotmail account credentials
- You are using an outdated version of the browser
- Your mail or device is virus-infected
- Incorrect configuration of email
- Error code
Here’s How You Can fix your Hotmail Not Working
You can access your Hotmail account from any web browser on any device. However, you cannot deny the fact that the features Google Chrome provides are incomparable. There are a lot of functions and features on Hotmail that you can only access from Google Chrome which is why many people prefer to use their Hotmail account on Chrome only. The problem starts when you start to face issues and can no longer access your Hotmail account from Chrome.
If your Hotmail is not working on Google Chrome then you should follow the steps given below and fix it right away.
- Start with attending Microsoft Live and reset your account password.
- If you can’t sign in to your account, go to the account recovery page and enter your email address.
- Verify the CAPTCHA and select Next.
- You will now receive a code on your mobile number, email, or authenticator app.
- Enter the code in the given space and create a new password for your Hotmail account.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to complete your account recovery. Make sure to create a unique password that only you remember but cannot be hacked.
Solution for Hotmail Not Working on Android or iPhone
If your Hotmail is not working on the iPhone or Android app, then you should follow the steps below to fix it.
- Make sure you are entering the correct account credentials. Avoid using the autofill password and enter it manually.
- Another thing you need to take care of is whether your account is supported on the app or not. You can add an Outlook.com account that includes Hotmail, Live, MSN, and even Microsoft 365, Exchange Online, and Exchange Server account in the app. If you don’t know what type of email account you are using, then check with your email provider or simply ask Hotmail Customer Support for help.
- In case your account is added already to the app but not working, then you should follow the steps below to re-add it.
- On your Mail app, open Settings.
- Select your Hotmail account.
- Now click on the Remove Account
- Select the From Device option and your account will be removed successfully from your mobile app.
Once the account is removed, you need to add it again to the app as you did before.
Why Can’t I Sign Into My Hotmail Account From Chrome?
If you are not able to access your Hotmail account from Chrome then the only way to fix it is by recognizing the underlying issue. Given below we have mentioned the various reasons that lead to Hotmail not working on Chrome.
- The version of your browser is not compatible.
- You are using an outdated account to open Hotmail.com
- Your device is not compatible to run hotmail.com
- If you are using Hotmail on your mail application, then your app must not be updated.
- Too many caches and cookies stored on your Chrome browser
- Your system’s firewall or Antivirus is interfering with the Hotmail.com access
- Your internet connection is weak
- Your Hotmail account is temporarily blocked or suspended
- Your account security is compromised
How To Fix Your Hotmail Not Working On Chrome?
Follow the methods given below to fix your Hotmail not working on the Chrome issue.
1. Try Clearing Your Browser’s Caches And Cookies
- Open your Chrome browser and select the three-dot icon on the top right corner to open the menu.
- Now select More tools from the menu and go to Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the time interval and check all the given boxes.
- At last, select Clear Data and finish the process.
2. Update Chrome To the Latest Version
- Another solution that can fix your Hotmail not working on Chrome issue is updating the browser to the latest version. Not only will you be able to use your Hotmail account afterward but it may also fix many other issues with your Browser and give you updated features.
- You can update your Chrome browser simply by clicking on the menu in the top right corner. Update Chrome to the latest version.
Once you have updated your browser, refresh your device and try accessing hotmail.com once again.
3. Use HTTPS
If after following the above two methods, you still go through the same Hotmail not working issue, then you should try connecting to it using HTTPS.
- To do so, first, visit ww.account.live.com from your web browser.
- Now under Other Opportunities, select Agree to Connect with HTTPS.
- At last, select the Save tab to save your settings.
4. Check Your Antivirus
It might be that your Antivirus is blocking access to hotmail.com or outlook.com. To fix this, you should try accessing these pages after blocking your Antivirus temporarily. If after disabling the Antivirus, you can access Hotmail on Chrome, then you’ve got the culprit. The permanent solution to this issue is adding hotmail.com to the whitelist of your Antivirus security.
To Wrap Up
We hope after following the above methods you have fixed your Hotmail not working problem. However, just in case, you still experience any issue with your Hotmail account, contact our Email Technical Help. Our professional experts will help you find out why your Hotmail is not working and work on it right away.