Outlook is the prominent and widely used email application mostly accessed by businesses and home users. There are amazing astonishing features you can avail using MS Outlook that includes, scheduling meeting, saving contacts, and many more. The most common but infuriating error messages usually been seen is Outlook Error 0x80004005: The Operation Failed. Though, there are various factors that lead to this error issue. However, various different troubleshooting guides are also available to make it sorted out very swiftly in less time of interval. To learn its fixing process, you need to read the post. The Email Technical Support team compiles entire fruitful information regarding the Outlook Error 0x80004005 issue. So, go through them by giving a glance and quickly get rid of it from the root.
Reasons Why Facing Outlook Error 0x80004005: The Operation Failed
Check-out the list of possible reasons for really being resulting Outlook Error 0x80004005: The Operation Failed:
- The Script Blocking feature might be enabled in your installed Antivirus program
- Due to corrupt or missing registry keys
- Malicious attack on the PST or other Outlook files
- The system is infected with spyware, virus, or other threats
Scenarios at Which the Outlook Error 0x80004005 may Appear
You may encounter Outlook Error 0x80004005 when performing the following activities:
- Installing a Windows update or any program
- Software update
- Opening a virtual machine
- Connecting to a network
- Access to shared network resources
- Receiving emails in Microsoft Outlook
- Decompressing a compressed file
Solutions to Fix Outlook Error 0x80004005: The Operation Failed
Now, it’s high time to take a brief look at the different fixing methods by which you can remove the error message Outlook Error 0x80004005: The Operation Failed completely from your operating system in just a second. Let’s begin:
Solution 1: Temporary Disable the Antivirus Program
If you are using Norton antivirus software for protecting your computer from threats or virus, then you are here recommended to disable the “Script Blocking” feature. What you should actually require to do is to give an uncheck to the statement saying “Enable Script Blocking”. Go through the instructions noted underneath and start following them consecutively as this will help you to get your Norton antivirus temporary disabled:
- Launch Norton Antivirus, Norton System Works or Norton Internet Security program on your computer screen
- Now, in the next step you have to place a click on “Options” tab. Doing so a menu list will open, you have to click “Norton Antivirus”
- On the left pane, select “Script Blocking” option
- On the right pane, uncheck “Enable Script Blocking”
- At the end, click “OK” to save the changes successfully
If this doesn’t helpful for you in making the problem Outlook Error 0x80004005 resolved, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Disable Outlook’s New-Mail Notification
Disabling New-Mail notification in Outlook can somehow help in resolving Outlook error message at the time of receiving emails. If you are using Outlook 2016, this is how you can disable this notification with an optimum-ease:
- First, launch Outlook Application in Windows Desktop
- Now, Click the “File” menu in the ribbon and select “Options” from the list
- Doing this will open a dialog box named Outlook Options
- You have to go to the “Mail” tab
- Under the Message arrival section, uncheck the “Display a Desktop Alert” option. It will stop the desktop notification of the incoming messages
After performing these steps, there would a high chance of possibilities to not receive the same error message when using Outlook. But if the same problematic error exists, continue following the next solution.
Solution 3: Repair Outlook PST File
If the Outlook Error 0x80004005 appears because of the corrupt or damaged PST files in Outlook, then you are highly suggested to look for a professional Outlook PST repair tool. When you use the trusted third-party PST repair tool, you will be able to repair severely corrupted PST files and can save PST files to MBOX, Office 365 and Exchange Server for further bring it in use. However, the repair tool comes with a ton of impressive features. One such feature is that it can recover deleted messages and attachments. Hence, this is the best way to rectify the corrupted PST file soon without making much effort.
Get 24/7 Online Email Technical Support Remotely
In case if you yet face Outlook Error 0x80004005 even after properly applying the afore-mentioned fixing steps, don’t pull your hairs! Simply grab one-stop Email Technical Support from our well-qualified tech-specialists. While it’s more common for customer support engineers to provide quality technical support over live chat, phone, or another quicker form of communication, they will also sometimes handle the issue over email. Therefore, with this amazing service, you can eliminate your Outlook email issues by sitting at your home only.