How to Fix Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005?
At times, when you are using Outlook Mail, you can encounter Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005 also known as Access Violation Error. The error occurs when you try to open Outlook on your device. This way you cannot get access to your emails and data until you work on this error and fix it.
If you are also experiencing Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005 then you should read this blog to learn about the causes and solutions of the error.
Possible Causes of Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005
Wondering why you can’t access your Outlook program and getting an error code 0xc0000005? Given below are all the possible reasons for this error:
- You are entering your account credentials
- Issue with email setup or configuration settings
- Microsoft Outlook file is corrupted
- Internet connectivity issue
- System Firewall or Antivirus interruption
- Outdated version of Windows OS
- Issues with the hard drive or any other hardware of the device 0xc0000005
- Malware or virus infection
- Registry issue
Now that you know about all the possible causes of Exception Error Code 0xc0000005, you can work on its fix. If you already know the issue that might be causing this error, then we recommend you work on it first. Otherwise, you can follow the Email troubleshooting steps mentioned later in this blog one by one to fix the error.
How to Troubleshoot Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005?
By following the solutions mentioned below you can fix your Outlook program and make it work fine like before. In case you are in a hurry and want to get your Outlook fix asap, you can also get help from Outlook Email Technical Support experts and let them fix your issue instead. This way you can get your Outlook fixed easily and without wasting any time.
Solution 1: Check Your Boot Configuration Data (BCD)
This method is helpful for those who are experiencing Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005 because of an issue in the system updates. So, first, you need to check the BCD and then remove or repair the corrupted files from there. To know how to do that, follow the steps below:
- First of all, you need to open the Run command by searching CMD on your Windows. Make sure to open it with Administrator rights and then type BCDEdit in it. Hit the Enter button and check the Windows Boot Loader Path. if the Boot Loader Path is xOsload.exe then you need to delete some files and then repair the BCD.
Note: If you are going on with the above steps make sure you have the product key of your Windows subscription as you will need to re-activate your Windows at the end.
The next step is to boot to Microsoft Windows Repair. Given below are the Commands you need to enter to boot to MS windows repair.
- Del D:\Windows\System32\xOsload.exe
- Del D:\Windows\System32\xNtKrnl.exe
- Del D:\Windows\System32\Drivers\oem-drv64.sys
- attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s
- ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
Solution 2: Run Inbox Repair Utility
You can also use Inbox Repair Utility which is a free Outlook diagnostic tool. Using this utility you can fix any issues with your Outlook program and repair the corrupted files. However, you cannot fix the files that are severely affected or corrupted using the tool. You just need to download the tool from the internet and then install it. Once, you have installed the tool you can launch and use it simply by following the on-screen steps.
If you can’t fix your Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005, 0xc0000005 with the Inbox Repair Utility.
Solution 3: Use the Safe Mode to Run Outlook
Another solution for fixing this Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005 is to run your Outlook program in Safe Mode. To know how to run Outlook in Safe mode, follow the steps below:
- First of all, exit from all the Outlook files and close the application on from your device.
- Now click on the Windows + R key to open Run Window and then enter “outlook.exe. /safe” there.
Make sure you enter the Run command properly. Note that there is a space after exe. And before / in “outlook.exe /safe”
Solution 4: Disable Some Add-in From MS Outlook
If your Outlook program works fine in the Safe mode and you didn’t face any error there, then the cause of the error must be the add-ins on your MS Outlooks. Therefore, you must disable these add-ins to find the corrupted party and make your Outlook work fine once again. Use the below steps to know how to disable Add-in from your Outlook one by one.
- Go to Outlook and click on the File tab.
- Select Option and then click on Add-Ins.
- Select Com Add-ins and then click on Go.
- Deselect all the Add-ins from the list and click Ok.
- Once done, exit from Outlook and launch it again.
Solution 5: Reset the Navigation Pane on Your Windows
If you are still experiencing the Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005, try resetting the navigation pane on your Windows.
- Start with closing the Outlook program from your device and then click on the Start icon.
- Search for Run and then open the Run program.
- Enter “outlook.exe /resetnavpane” in the Run Window. Note that there’s a space after .exe and before / in “outlook.exe /resetnavpane”.
Solution 6: Disable Your Browser’s Proxy Settings
Sometimes, the issue is also caused due to your browsers proxy settings which you can fix simply by disabling it. Given below are the steps to check and disable the proxy settings of Internet explorer.
- First of all, click on Windows + R keys to open the Run window and enter CMD in it.
- Enter the Command prompt “netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie” after doing this if you see the message error writing proxy settings, access is denied, then it means the issue with the Proxy settings of your browser. To fix this Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005, you need to disable the proxy settings of your browser in this case.
Solution 7: Register Dynamic Link Library (.dll) files
- At last, if you are still not able to use Outlook on your device, it might be due to issues with .dll files. Sometimes, the DLL files either get corrupted or misplaced during the Windows update and do not get registered. This can cause Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005 on the Outlook program and you will not be able to access the email.
- To find and register the misplaced DLL files, click on Windows + R key and enter regsvr32 dllfix.dll. Lastly, you need to install these files again.
That’s all! Now you can try accessing the Outlook program again and see if your issue is resolved.
If you still get the same error i.e. Outlook Exception Error Code 0xc0000005, then there’s one last thing left and that is disabling the Antivirus and Firewall from your device. Sometimes, the system’s firewall, internet security, or Antivirus software can interrupt the working of the application on your device like Outlook Mail. If you can access and use your Outlook after temporarily disabling these programs, it means the problem was here only. In that case, you need to white list the Outlook program in your Antivirus or firewall to make it not interrupt with its working.