Hacking is a serious offense. However, it’s unfortunate that with the rise in advanced technology, hacking cases are also becoming more common. Today, every social account of a person is at risk of getting hacked. It is especially so for those who don’t take adequate measures to secure their account. Although Yahoo focuses much on security, it’s not impossible for the account to not get hacked. So, you must know how to recover hacked Yahoo account. In this article, you’ll learn how to find whether your account is hacked and the steps you can take after that.
How to Find If Your Yahoo Account is Hacked?
Before you know how to retrieve hacked Yahoo account, it’s best to verify if your account has actually been hacked by a person. A hacked Yahoo account will show various symptoms. When you know them, you can easily find the state of your Yahoo account. Given below are the common signs that a hacked account will exhibit.
- There is a spam mark by a recipient.
- There are numerous wrong password attempts.
- Unauthorized access to a third-party application.
- Sending bulk emails beyond the prescribed limit.
- The same account is used at various locations at a single time.
Related Post: How To Reset Yahoo Mail Password
How to Recover Hacked Yahoo Account on Desktop and Mobile
You can recover your hacked Yahoo account on Desktop and mobile. The process to do so on both of them is explained below.
Recover Hacked Yahoo Account on Desktop
To recover a hacked Yahoo account on Desktop, begin by opening Yahoo.
- Navigate to its main page by going to http://www.yahoo.com/.
- Tap ‘Sign in.’ its present on the upper-right part of the main page.
- Next, tap the link of ‘Trouble signing in.’ This option is present close to the bottom of the sign in section.
- Now input your contact number or recovery email. You’ll find a textbox in the center of the page. You must type in your detail there. Alternatively, you can also input your Yahoo email address there if you don’t know which information Yahoo has.
- Tap ‘Continue.’ Its button is present close to the bottom of the page.
- Now retrieve your verification code. For it, tap ‘Yes, text me an Account Key.’ You can also tap ‘Yes, send me an Account Key’ in case of a recovery email address. After that, do the following:
- If you have chosen the option for getting an account key for a phone number, open the ‘Messages’ app on your phone. You’ll find the 8-character code in the message.
- Open the recovery email address box if you have asked for an account key for a recovery email ID. Then open the email of ‘Recover access to your Yahoo account.’ You’ll find the 8-character code in the email.
- If you inputted your Yahoo email ID, enter the missing letters or numbers from the option of ‘Recovery’ listed. Then adhere to one of the above methods based on if you have a phone number or an email ID on file.
- Input the verification code. Enter the 8-character code in the text box present in the center of the page. Tap ‘Verify.’ You’ll find it as a blue button under the verification text box.
- Choose your account if you are prompted. In case you have several Yahoo accounts that utilize your phone number or recovery address, tap the one you desire to recover.
- Change the password instantly. When you want to recover hacked Yahoo account on a computer, you can reset your password.
- Tap ‘Create a new password’ on the page of ‘Success.’
- Input a password on the text fields present on the ‘Set a new password page.’
- Hit ‘Continue.’ Then click ‘Looks good’ followed by ‘I’ll secure my account later.’
Recover Hacked Yahoo Account on Mobile
It’s easy to recover hacked account through your mobile. Follow the steps below for Yahoo account recovery via mobile.
- Launch the Yahoo app on your phone.
- Click the Yahoo Mail icon. It would look something like
- Now, click ‘Diffculty signing in?’ On the subsequent page, you will view a few recovery options for your account.
- Type in your email ID or phone number. It should be the one that you have connected to your Yahoo account.
- In case you have typed in your email address, hit ‘Continue.’
- Follow it by tapping on ‘Yes, text me a verification code.’
- Input the verification code you receive in the given box. Now, tap on the button ‘Verify.’
- In case you have more than a single Yahoo account, choose the account you wish to recover.After doing this, you will gain access to your Yahoo account that was hacked automatically.
However, if the hackers have modified the recovery information, along with the password, it will become nearly impossible for you to recover your account. It’s because you’ll be unable to verify that the account is actually yours.
How to Keep Your Yahoo Account Safe from Hackers?
You can take various steps to keep your account secure from hackers. Keep these tips in mind to reduce the likelihood of getting your account hacked.
- Use a unique password. It should have a mix of numbers and special characters. Ensure to change your password frequently.
- Enable the 2-step authentication functionality.
- Don’t share your credentials even with those individuals that you trust.
- If you access your Yahoo account via the system or a public Wi-Fi, always change the password post the completion of the session.
- Keep your recovery data up to date. It will enable you to access your Yahoo account in case you get locked out.
Related Post: Fix Can’t Log Into Yahoo Mail Problem
Now you know how to recover hacked Yahoo account quickly. You can recover it on both the Desktop and your mobile. Just read and implement the steps in this article. But if you cannot follow them, speak with professional Yahoo customer support experts. They will help you recover your hacked account effectively.