Change Forgotten Yahoo Mail Password or Reset it
One of the integral elements of an email account is a strong password. A password protects your Yahoo account and thus is a measure of security. However, even if you have a robust password, you need to occasionally modify it. Apart from frequent password maintenance, it’s essential for you to understand how to change or reset it. It becomes useful in the case of your account being hacked or a data breach. Are you wondering how you can do a yahoo mail password reset? Don’t worry, the process is very straightforward. Keep reading the article to know how to do it.
How to do Yahoo Mail Password Reset from a Computer?
You can change yahoo password if you are aware of your existing mail account password. You can make use of the link present in the Yahoo account settings. Follow the instructions given below.
- On your web browser, open ‘Yahoo‘ and tap on your ‘account avatar‘. It is present on the top right part of the page.
- You will notice a ‘drop-down menu‘. Tap ‘Settings‘. If you find yourself directed to the Mail page of Yahoo, then select ‘Account info.‘
- Click ‘Account Security‘ in the left-hand side pane.
- Tap ‘Change password.‘
- Now type in the new password that you will use from now on. After that, input it for one more time in the field of ‘Confirm new password.‘
- Check ‘Show password‘ if you want to see what you are entering into the field.
- Tap ‘Continue‘, it will save the password you have just made.
Related Post: Fix can’t Login to Yahoo Mail Problem
How to Change the Yahoo Mail Password from the Smartphone Application?
It is quite easy to change the password from an app on your mobile device. Go through these points given below to know how to reset your yahoo mail password.
On your phone’s Yahoo app, click on your account avatar. You can see it at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click ‘Settings.’
- Now, click ‘Manage accounts.‘
- On the page ‘Manage accounts,’ locate your account. Then click ‘Account info.‘
- Click on the ‘Security Settings.‘ You’ll be required to input the password or utilise the biometric security of your device.
- On the page of ‘Account Security,’ click on ‘Change password.’
- Now, input the new password and confirm it by typing it another time.
- Click on ‘Continue‘. The new password that you have given will be saved.
How to Reset Yahoo Password for Recovery with Yahoo’s Sign-In Helper?
You can make use of Yahoo’s Sign-in Helper if you want to reset yahoo mail password and regain your account access. For the purpose of account safety, Yahoo only displays some options below. The system decides which options need to be displayed according to factors like the location from where you are signing and recovery information on your Yahoo account.
Conduct a Yahoo Account Password Reset for Recovery Using Given Points
- Navigate to Yahoo’s Sign-in Helper.
- Input your email address and phone number. Tap ‘Continue.‘
- When you are prompted, input the CAPTCHA code.
- If you can get SMS messages to the listed number, tap ‘Yes, text me an Account Key.’ But if you have access to the listed mail address, then choose and tap ‘Yes, send me a Yahoo Account Key.‘
- According to your chosen option, Yahoo will give you an account key on your email or phone.
- Write the account key that was sent by Yahoo in the relevant field. After that, tap ‘Verify.’
- Choose an account for resetting from the list that is linked to your email address or mobile number.
- If you happen to notice an account that isn’t yours, remove it. For it, click ‘Remove it.’
- Now tap ‘Continue.‘
Also Read: Fix Yahoo Mail Syncing Issue on Android, iPhone and Mac
How to Use Secret Questions to Change Password If You’ve Forgotten It?
The reset option will not be available to you in Yahoo’s Sign-in Helper if you don’t have secret questions on your file. Keep in mind that the system decides what secret questions should be made available for you. Follow the instructions given below.
- If you want to use the security questions, then go over to the ‘Contact’ page of Yahoo. Choose ‘Password and sign in.’
- Below subtopic two, choose ‘Forgot Password.’
- Below ‘Recommended Option,’ input your email address. Now tap on ‘Submit.’
- Now tap ‘Next.’
- When you are prompted, input the CAPTCHA code.
- Choose ‘Use my secret questions‘ and then select ‘Next.’
- Now, provide the answers to the security questions.
- If you have correctly answered the questions, you will get a prompt from Yahoo to input a new password. Type in the new password and then tap on ‘Next’ to finish the process of password recovery. In case of any problem during this process, do not hesitate in contacting Yahoo Email Support professionals.
Use the Account Recovery Wizard to Recover Your Forgotten Yahoo Mail Password
It’s important to note a crucial thing before you know about recovering your forgotten Yahoo mail password. If your account has had no activity in the previous 12 months, then it is at risk of getting deleted. Abandoned and obsolete accounts are quickly removed from the server. If you forgot your Yahoo mail user ID, you could go over to the Account Recovery Wizard page of Yahoo. Once you are there, adhere to the stepwise instructions and retrieve all your account information.
Reset Your Yahoo Password with Yahoo Account Password Reset Link
Don’t panic if you have lost or forgotten the Yahoo Mail account password by mistake. You can reset yahoo mail password and gain access to your account once again. The process for it is given below.
- On your web browser, open Yahoo.
- Tap ‘Sign in.’
- Now fill in your username or Yahoo email address. Then tap ‘Next.’
- Next, tap ‘Forgot password?‘
- Yahoo will ask your permission to send you a link for a password reset. Here, your options are based on the contact option that you have set in your Yahoo Mail account settings. In normal circumstances, you can very well choose to receive a text message. You can also choose for an email to be sent to your backup email address. Just ensure that you are choosing an option that is appropriate for you.
- After getting the yahoo account password reset link, follow it and then input your new password.
When you are entering in a new password, always make it a strong one. It should have a good combination of lower case and upper-case letters, symbols, and numbers. It should also not be less than eight characters in length. Here it is also important for you to not reuse a password from another online service. Make your Yahoo account password unique.
Now you can easily do a yahoo mail password reset through the methods mentioned above. If you are aware of your existing one, then use the link in the Yahoo account settings. Remember that if your account has been inactive in the past 12 months, it will get deleted. To reset the Yahoo password for recovery, go over to the Sign in Helper page. You can also use the secret questions to change the password if you have forgotten it. Contact customer support professionals if you are stuck on any part.