Remove Yahoo Search From Browser – Proactive Ways
Yahoo is the most preferable choice among millions of active users. It is a prominent website nowadays because whether you need information on the latest news or communicate via email, Yahoo covers all. Besides all the fruitful features, you can also avail the facility of keeping your searches on Yahoo by making it a default search engine. Although Yahoo Search Engine is the one-stop option for smooth navigation to any information, it affects your PC with viruses. At that point of time, it would be necessary to instinctively Remove Yahoo Search from Browser to safeguard your system. In this post, we will discuss how to efficiently switch Yahoo to another search engine from any web browser. Thus, keep an eye on the blog post.
Why Does My Default Search Engine (Google) Keep Changing To Yahoo?
A couple of times, while searching anything on Google Search, your searching will automatically be changed to Yahoo. This probably happens due to malware named Browser Hijacker. It is a malicious program that enters without your permission on your web browser to intentionally infiltrate the browser settings. After entering your default browser, a browser hijacker will strongly control your default accessible browser. Furthermore, it can modify the default home page, search engine, and new tab redirection. This brings extensive risks such as spyware, keyloggers, and other malware functions and hence damages your system.
Thus, if your search query is getting redirected to search.yahoo.com unknowingly, it means the browser hijacker might have altered your system settings. Well, it is not a major problem as there is a feasible way to remove the Yahoo search. Continue reading to learn How to Get Rid of Yahoo Search from your default web browser.
Instinctive Procedures to Remove Yahoo Search from Browser
If your default search engine keeps changing to Yahoo suddenly, your computer may have malware programs or threats. Luckily, there are a few constructive courses of action you need to implement to Remove Yahoo Search from Browser. The comprehensive suitable directives are mentioned below. So, rather than pulling your hair, follow these effective guidelines by sitting in the comfort of your home.
Method 1: Remove Yahoo Search from Chrome on Computer
Here’s How to Disable Yahoo Search from the search engines list in Chrome on your Windows, Mac, Linux, or Chromebook computer:
- First and foremost, you have to open the Google Chrome browser on your Windows PC.
- Now, from the top-right corner of your Chrome page, click the three dots.
- Then, select the “Settings” option.
- Now, from the left sidebar, click the “Search Engine” option.
- Afterward, from the Search Engine drop-down menu, select “Google” in place of Yahoo.
- Then, click the “Manage Search Engines” tab.
- If Yahoo is your default search, click the three dots next to Yahoo, and select the “Remove from List” tab.
- Congratulations! Your browser is now Yahoo-free!
Related Post: Created and Setup Yahoo Mail Account
Method 2: Remove Yahoo Search from Chrome on Mobile
In Chrome on your iPhone, iPad, and Android phone, you can’t add or remove search engines. But, there is still a way you can turn off Yahoo Search on the Chrome browser of your mobile phone. The desired steps to make another search engine (like Google) the default in spite of Yahoo are enumerated underneath. Give a glance at the given instructive points and follow them simultaneously:
- First, launch Google Chrome on your Android or iPhone.
- Next, tap the three dots to open Chrome’s menu.
- On an iPhone and iPad, the three dots are displayed in the bottom-right corner.
- On an Android phone, the dots are shown at the top-right corner.
- Now, from the Chrome menu, select the “Settings” tab.
- Under the “Settings” section, tap “Search Engine.”
- After doing so, all the available search providers will be displayed on the screen. You just have to select the “Google” search engine to make it the default browser.
- That’s it! Chrome on your phone now uses Google search engine as the default browser.
Method 3: Remove Yahoo Search from Safari Browser
With the aforesaid guide, you have learned how to remove Yahoo Search from Chrome browser on your Windows or Phone. Now, read on to learn the proficient ways to remove Yahoo Search from Safari. Since Mac devices use Safari as the default web browser. So, if you use Yahoo or have a Yahoo account on Safari, you can remove the Yahoo search from it. To start with the process, go through the following instructions:
- First, open the Safari browser on your Mac computer.
- Thereafter, select the “Preferences” option and then click the “Extensions” tab.
- Afterward, opt out of an extension you would like to remove and then click the “Uninstall” tab.
- In the end, choose which browser you want to open on start-up and then move to the “Search” tab.
- Select your preferred search engine that you wish to access and Get Yahoo off My Browser Safari on Mac.
Method 4: Remove Yahoo Search from Windows 10
The process to Disable Yahoo Search from Windows 10 is not so tricky and doesn’t require any technical expertise. If you still fail to remove the Yahoo search engine from your Windows 10 PC, don’t feel blue! Simply, you are recommended to follow the below-noted correct procedure to complete this task. Let’s begin:
- On your Windows 10 system, launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Now, click on the horizontal three dots which are at the upper-right hand side of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the “Settings” tab.
- Scroll down the page and place a single tap on the “Advanced” button.
- Slowly Scroll down to locate the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option.
- Afterward, give a tap on “Reset Settings” to confirm your final course of action.
Now, the Yahoo search is been completely eliminated from your Windows 10 operating device.
Also Read: Fix Yahoo Mail not Working Issue
Method 5: Remove Yahoo Search from Mozilla Firefox Browser
If you have Mozilla Firefox as your web browser but suddenly Yahoo search has become your default browser, don’t panic! You can however soon get Rid of Yahoo Search from Mozilla Firefox by following simple techniques. After eradicating Yahoo Search from Firefox, you will no longer be able to view the search bar of Yahoo. Moreover, you won’t be able to search anything or see your previous searches on Yahoo’s website. Anyways, the series of desired involved steps are given beneath:
- First of all, you have to press the “Windows + R” keys altogether on your keyboard to evoke the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “appwiz.cpl” (without quotes) in the blank space search field and then hit the “Enter.” Doing this will open the uninstaller window.
- Go to the “Programs and Features” section, select the option of “Search Provided by Yahoo.”
- Afterward, give a click on the “Uninstall/Change” option at the top.
- Click “Yes” to ensure you really want to Remove Yahoo Search from Firefox.
Method 6: Remove Yahoo Search from Chromebook
The step-by-step series of involved guidelines eliminating Yahoo search from Chromebook are listed below. Check out them:
- First and forecast, you have to launch the web browser settings on your Chromebook.
- Now, in the next step, you have to place a click on either the “More Tools” option or the “Add-ons” option.
- After that, give a click on the “Extensions” tab and look for the “Search Powered by Yahoo” extension.
- Now, press or tap on the “Trash Bin” icon next to the Yahoo search. Doing this will uninstall Search Powered by Yahoo on your Chromebook.
This is how you can effortlessly turn off Yahoo Search from Chromebook.
Contact Tech-Support Talented Connoisseurs for Advanced Technical Aid
The aforementioned one-by-one procedures show you How to Remove Yahoo Search from Browser. This is often a requirement of negating the use of the Yahoo search bar. However, by following any of these methods, you can fulfill your unique browsing experience. If you are still unable to eliminate the Yahoo search engine from any of your browsers, feel free to contact us. We are highly experienced and immensely knowledgeable professionals who work hard round the clock to lend helpless users an effective hand. Dial the 24/7 live support number to stay connected and make a smooth converse with us.