What To Do When Windows Live Mail Not Working?
Windows Live Mail is introduced by Microsoft, which is a desktop program to replace the Outlook Express. It is a part of the Windows Essentials suite that includes several exemplary programs such as Live Writer, Photo Gallery, Live Mail, One Drive, and Moviemaker. It also has Skype messenger. Windows Live Mail is a freeware email client which allows the users to set up email accounts in it and get all the benefits of accessible email communication. But, somehow, it also has some glitches by which users complain that their Windows Live Mail not working correctly.
When the Windows Live email not working, it can end up in various types of errors that can also harm your system. For your information, we have created a list of errors that occurs during Windows Live Mail malfunction.
Read Also – Why Outlook Email Not Working
What are the Different Types of Windows Live Mail Errors?
Given below are the errors that you, an observer during the WLM not working issue:
- Error 3219 (0x8DE00005).
- Error 0x8007007A While Sending Emails.
- Windows Live Mail Not Working Windows 10.
- Authentication Error 0x800CCC0B.
- Failure of connection to the Server – Error 0x8000E.
- Error 0x800ccc0f Windows Live Mail.
- Some General Errors in Windows Live Mail.
After knowing the different errors, don’t you want to know the causes that trigger these errors when your Mail doesn’t work? If yes, then follow the following section.
What Causes Windows Live Mail Stopped Working Issue?
There can be various reasons for Windows Live Mail not working issues. We have listed some common causes. These are:
- Corrupt Windows Live Mail Cache.
- Incompatibility issues.
- The system’s firewall system prevents the Windows Live Mail from performing.
- When the system’s disk is out of storage.
After knowing about the significant reasons for the Windows Mail issue, now fix it with the troubleshooting methods described in the below section.
Try These Steps When Windows Live Mail Not Working?
Here are some methods that you can perform to fix the issue, so without wasting time, use them.
Solution 1: Use Task Manager
You can use the task manager whenever your Live Mail is not working correctly. It will end all the programs running in the background and create issues: Here we go.
- Firstly, right-click on the Taskbar to open Task Manager. Or you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys from the keyboard.
- Go to the Processes tab and search for wlmail.exe, right-click on it and choose the End Task option.
- Now, close the Task Manager.
- Lastly, launch Windows Live Mail and check whether it is working or not.
Solution 2: Run as Admin in Compatibility Mode
Sometimes, when you install the Windows new version, it seems that Windows Live Mail not working correctly. To fix this issue, run the Windows Live Mail as Admin in the compatibility mode with the following steps:
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Windows Live Mail or C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live Mail.
- After locating the Windows Live Mail folder, select wlmail.exe, right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Now, go to the “Compatibility” tab and mark the “Run this program compatibility mode for.”
- Then, from the drop-down menu, choose Windows 7.
- Later, mark “Run this program as an Administrator” from Settings.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on OK to apply the changes.
- Lastly, the Windows Live Mail will open and check for its functioning.
Solution 3: Re-Configure Windows Live Mail Server
The Windows Live Mail not working issue might occur due to the incorrect server settings. You might set up the wrong setting while changing your account server setting. Now you have to re-configure the Windows Live Mail servers. Following are the steps:
- Select Account and then Email.
- Now, enter your email address and password.
- After that, check for Manually configured server settings. Click on Next.
- A window will pop up showing the servers. Choose the Server Type – POP and enter the server address – pop.mal.com and port – 995.
- Mark the “Requires a secure connection (SSL) check box.
- Now, enter the outgoing server address – smtp.mail.com and port – 587.
- After that, mark the “Requires a Secure Connection (SSL), also “Requires Authentication” checkboxes. Click on Next.
- Finally, click on Finish.
Solution 4: Repair Installation When Windows Live Mail Not Working
Sometimes, it seems that repairing Windows Essentials can fix the issue, and you can restore it with the Windows in-built repairing tool. Here’s how:
- Go to the Start
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a Program from the sub-category or Programs.
- Now, right-click on Windows Essentials 2012 and select Change.
- When prompt, click Yes.
- After that, window pop-ups ask to repair the files. Click on Repair and wait for a while until the repairing process ends.
- Lastly, restart your system and check for the issue.
Solution 5: Temporary Disable System’s Anti-Virus
The system’s Anti-virus or firewall system can be responsible for Windows Live Mail not working issue. So it suggests disabling the anti-virus program for better performance of Windows Live Mail. You can disable the anti-virus with the following steps:
- Go to the Start menu and, type Windows Security in the search box, press Enter button.
- Now, click on the Virus & Threat Protection tab on the left action bar.
- After that, scroll down to choose Virus & Threat Protection Settings. Click on Manage Settings.
- From the Real-Time Protection, you have to click on the toggle button to temporarily turn off the system Antivirus.
Read Also – How To Fix Outlook Send Receive Error
That’s all. The above-stated explanations are the proven methods to help you fix the Windows Live Mail not working issue. This issue is a result of various reasons that we also mentioned. You can also face some errors with Windows Live Mail, which are also fixed by the given solutions. If you encounter any other concerns about the issue, don’t hesitate to contact our experts Thank You!.