The AOL Mail has been highly successful ever since it was launched in the USA. People everywhere have found it a great platform to send and receive emails conveniently. However, since it’s only a computer program at the end of the day, users may come across various issues. Many of them report AOL Mail not receiving emails. When you try to load the mailbox on either the smartphone or your computer, you cannot see the incoming messages. All you can see are the old emails in your inbox. There’s no need to worry when this problem arises as there are many fixes for it. This article will explain why AOL Mail not receiving emails and its resolutions.
Read Also – How To Download AOL Desktop Gold
Why Is AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails?
AOL not receiving emails is a very common issue that can arise because of multiple factors. Some of the possible ones are listed below.
- The AOL spam bot regards new emails as spam.
- The mail filter transmits new emails to the new folder.
- Your sender is using an incorrect email address.
- The browser cannot load the mailbox.
- You have turned on AOL forwarding.
- Incorrect incoming and outgoing server setting is also a major reason.
- The security software in your system is obstructing communication.
- AOL account authentication problem.
Fix the AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails Problem
When you are unable to receive AOL emails on your account, try sending a test mail to your sender. Request them to reply to it. If you can receive a reply, it evidently means they have entered an incorrect email address. Apart from that, if a person has told you they have sent you an email, wait for around 30 minutes. If none of these points yields you results, follow these techniques.
1. Check every folder
If you don’t find your email in the inbox, you should look for it in other folders like Spam and Trash. If you find the email there, shift them back into your email inbox through the steps below.
- Launch the ‘Mail’ folder where you have seen your new email.
- Choose all those emails and tap the ‘Move’ option.
- Choose the inbox as the folder where all incoming emails will land.
- After you remove the email, make modifications in the Filters and Spam mail settings. It will allow the incoming emails to come into the inbox without disturbance.
2. Inspect the spam mail setting
AOL has auto bot systems that work to identify spam messages. If they find anything suspicious in the email’s body, they move it to the spam folder. However, sometimes, they may not do their work properly. In case you have kept the settings on high mode, most of your emails will be transferred to the trash. You will then wonder why is your AOL email not receiving emails. To fix it, change the spam settings to medium.
- Log into your AOL account.
- Put your cursor on the options you see under the email address. Choose ‘Mail Settings.’
- Hit the pane of ‘Spam Mail Settings.’
- Choose the radio tab besides medium.
3. Remove all active filters
Use this technique whenever you find your AOL mail not getting emails on your phone or computer. You may have enabled many mail filters. So, disable them and ask your email sender to send you a message.
- Open the AOL webmail account.
- Push the button of ‘Options’ and navigate to the ‘Mail Settings.’
- Tap ‘Mail Filters’ and choose ‘Mail Filters.’
- Hit the ‘Trash’ icon to remove the filters. Now you will receive emails on your AOL email account.
4. Check the IMAP or POP server settings
Often, incorrect IMAP/POP server settings are what makes your AOL not receiving emails. So, the best course of action is to inspect the settings. The settings must match with the ones given below.
IMAP server settings
- imap.aol.com is your IMAP server name.
- 993 is the port number.
- SSL type must be Yes.
POP3 server settings
- pop.aol.com is your POP3 server name.
- 995 is the port number.
- SSL type must be Yes.
SMTP server settings
- smtp.aol.com is your POP3 server name.
- 465 is the port number.
- SSL type can be optional.
- Write your AOL email ID or username in front of its field.
- Enter your email password in front of its field.
5. Remove the forwarding accounts
Another way to fix this issue is to examine the forwarding settings. It’s possible that you have allowed another email account to get messages through these settings. That’s why you are finding AOL Mail not receiving emails. To disable the account forwarding, follow these points.
- Navigate to AOL’ Mail Settings.’
- Tap the ‘General Settings.’
- If you can find any email ID below the forwarding settings, delete it.
- Save the changes in order to deactivate email forwarding.
Read Also – Complete, Aol Imap Settings
Fix AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails on iPhone and Android
You can also encounter this problem on your mobile device. In the subsequent sections, you’ll find what to do when you aren’t receiving AOL emails on your iPhone or Android phone.
What to Do When AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails on iPhone
When you are unable to receive AOL emails on iPhone, update your AOL login credentials. If the error is still there, delete your account from your phone and set it up again.
- Open the ‘Settings’ and navigate to the ‘Accounts & Password’ section.
- Tap the ‘AOL Account’ and hit the ‘Remove Account’ button.
- Now, tap ‘OK’ to remove your account.
- After that, click the ‘Add Account’ button.
- Choose ‘AOL Mail’ and input your AOL login credentials.
- Hit the ‘Next’ button after you give this information. Then, choose email services.
- Next, pick your email settings and hit ‘Done.’
What to Do When AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails on Android
Android phone users can also effectively fix this problem. Follow these points below.
- Launch the ‘Settings’ on your phone.
- Tap’ Mails and Password.’
- Click on your AOL account and swipe up to fetch data settings or to reach sync.
- Enable ‘Sync Data.’
- Alternatively, you can also tap ‘Automatically.’
- Navigate to the ‘Password’ section. Here, you should update your password.
- Lastly, open your AOL mail account.
Read Also – Why, Aol Desktop Gold Not Opening
By following the set of fixes in this article, you won’t find AOL mail not receiving emails. One of them will prove effective in resolving the issue. But if you cannot follow them properly, take professional help. Contact expert email support services to get the issue resolved.