How To Recover Hacked Hotmail Account? Here’s how to do it
Hotmail today is a part of Microsoft’s Outlook.com Microsoft account services. Many users report being logged out of their accounts or seeing suspicious behavior. It includes noticing unfamiliar emails that are dispatched from their email address. If you observe all this, it’s likely that you have a hacked Hotmail account and wants to know how to recover hacked hotmail account. It can seem quite worrying.
But the next step is to recover it. In this article, you’ll go over what to do when your Hotmail account is hacked.
Read Also – How to Resolve Hotmail Not Working Problem
Steps For How to Recover Hacked Hotmail Account
Hotmail hacked account recovery can mean different things depending upon whether the hackers have changed your password or not. Below are some of the actions you can take when faced with this scenario.
1. Change Your Password
Hotmail got hacked, but can you still access your account? You can change your password to regain control of the account.
- Sign in to your account, and hit the gear icon present in the upper-right corner.
- Now, from the menu, choose ‘More Mail Settings.’
- To access the language menu, tap ‘Account Details.’
- Now, tap ‘Change Password.’ As you do that, the password form will be open.
- Input your earlier and new password in the relevant text fields. Then, hit ‘Save.’ Ensure that your password has at least eight characters.
- Sign in to your account to verify the changes.
2. Regain Access to Your Hotmail account
This method is for those who find that the password of their hacked Hotmail account has been changed.
Follow these steps to access your Hotmail account.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Account Login page.
- Now tap ‘Forgot my Password‘ that’s under the username and password text fields.
- You’ll arrive at the password recovery page.
- Choose the option ‘I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.’ After that, click ‘Next.’
- Now, You will go to an account recovery page. You can select a reason for your account getting compromised. But it is optional.
- Input the email ID you think has been compromised. You must enter it in the first text field.
- Now input the CAPTCHA characters. If you find it challenging to determine the CAPTCHA characters, hit ‘New‘ or ‘Audio‘ so that you can listen to the characters.
- Choose a way to get a security code and tap ‘Next.’ You can also select the phone number or email associated with your Hotmail account. If you do so, you will find a code in that number.
- Input the code onto the page. You’ll be prompted to reset your password.
- Now input an email ID on the page ‘Recover your Microsoft account.’ Then tap ‘Next.’ Note that you should be able to access this email.
- You will find a window asking you for a security code. Input the security code that’s on your alternate email ID and tap ‘Verify.’
- You will find yourself in a questionnaire form that will prompt you to give data like your name, birth date, password, and recent email recipients and contacts. All this information is required to verify that the account is truly yours.
- Finish the form and provide fully correct data. Then tap ‘Submit.’
- After submitting the form, you must wait for one day. After a day, you’ll find a link to reconfigure your account password. But if the information you gave is insufficient, you will find an email informing you about the same.
- After getting the password reset link, you will redirect to a page for making a new account password. Ensure that the password you type is strong and there are no typing errors.
Read Also – How to Stop Spam Emails in Hotmail
Methods to Take After Recovering Hacked Hotmail Account
Now, you know how to recover hacked Hotmail account, you can reset its language if you find it changed to another one. You can also recover deleted messages.
Reset the Account’s Language
It’s easy to reset the account language. Login to your account. Then follow these steps.
- Hit the gear icon.
- From the menu, choose ‘More Mail Settings.’
- To access the language menu, tap ‘Language.’
- Choose your language from the list, and tap ‘Save.’
Recover Deleted Messages
After implementing Hotmail hacked account recovery process, you can check your messages. If some messages have been deleted, then follow these steps to recover.
- Sign in to your account and tap ‘Deleted.’
- Go down to the page’s bottom, and tap ‘Recover Deleted Messages.’
- The messages that are recovered will be put in the ‘Deleted‘ folder.
- Right-tap on the emails you wish to save, and choose ‘Move‘ followed by ‘Inbox.’
Read Also – How to Fix Hotmail Not Syncing Issue
Now you know all the steps to use on finding your hacked Hotmail account. It’s important that you take measures to recover your account as soon as possible. Also, create a strong password. If you cannot follow the steps or have some queries, connect with email technical support services. The experts will guide you through the full procedure.