Hotmail services are Highly popular across the globe. Hotmail is a child of the parent company Microsoft. Although the company stopped serving Hotmail email a long time ago, there are certain users that are still accessing their old Hotmail accounts. If you are one of those users who want to gain access to their prior email account, you need to know how to recover an old Hotmail account. If you have no idea about the recovery process, this guide can help you.
Here we are going to share easy instructions on how to recover an old Hotmail account. So keep reading, and proceed with the easy steps to do the task.
Read Also – How to resolve hotmail not working issue
Methods to Recover an Old Hotmail Account?
There are numerous methods that can help you in recovering your old Hotmail account. So proceed with the provided instructions and get access to your contact information effectively.
1. Use the Microsoft Account Recovery Form
One of the most efficient ways to recover an old Hotmail account is using the Microsoft account recovery form. Although, you need to know that you can only use this method if you have enabled the two-step verification for your account. If the two-step verification is disabled, you cannot use this method for account recovery.
To know how to recover old email accounts via Hotmail using the account recovery method, you need to have an email address within access. You can use any email address and proceed with the instructions below.
- Open the account recovery form.
- On the recovery form, you need to enter the Hotmail address that you would like to recover.
- After this, you need to provide the email ID through which the Microsoft support team can contact you.
- Provide confirmation for the email address, and you will see the security code. Proceed with onscreen guidelines to complete the task.
- The support team will contact you in a day.
Here you need to know that Microsoft deactivates your account automatically if you haven’t logged in on it for at least one year. You can always reactivate your account if you have access to the password. After that, you will start receiving the emails in your inbox without trouble. Microsoft deletes the Hotmail account after five years if there was no activity on the account, and in that situation, you cannot recover the account.
Read Also – How to fix Hotmail Not Receiving Emails Problem
2. Recover the Hotmail Account Without Recovery Email or Mobile Number
One can easily recover an old Hotmail account if they have access to the recovery email and mobile number. However, there are situations where users are unable to access their mobile number or Email. But, don’t worry, it is still possible to recover your old Hotmail account even if you do not have access to either email or mobile number.
Here are the steps that can help you to know how to retrieve an old Hotmail email account without using the recovery email or mobile number.
- Visit the Microsoft email recovery page.
- Here you need to provide your Hotmail email address.
- Put a checkmark on the box saying “I don’t have any of these tests”.
- Now, Microsoft will prompt you to provide the other email address for recovery. It will send you the recovery code on the email address you have entered. The user can also be prompted to enter the CAPTCHA information correctly so that Microsoft can know you are not a robot.
- Once you are done providing the above information, you can see the form on the screen. In this form, you are supposed to provide the personal information you have utilized with your old Hotmail account. This includes information like date of birth, name, location, and more.
- By gathering this information, Microsoft will confirm that you are a real owner of the Hotmail account, and nobody else is trying to access the account.
- It is necessary to use the same mobile number or computer and the place (for IP address) for using your Hotmail account.
- Once the data you provide matches the earlier information, Microsoft will ask you to enter the new password. After that, you can continue using your Hotmail services without trouble.
So, this is how to recover an old Email account Hotmail without an email or phone number. Make sure that the data you provide is correct, else you won’t be able to access the account.
3. Create a new account using the old Hotmail ID
If you are unable to recover your old Hotmail account with the above steps, you can also create a new Hotmail account using the old Hotmail ID.
- Open any web browser on your computer.
- Switch to the private mode.
- Navigate to the outlook.live.com/owa
- From here you need to tap to create a free account and proceed with the on-screen guidelines to complete the task.
Read Also – Hotmail Smtp Settings
4. Connect your Hotmail Account to the New Email Client
You can also connect your old Hotmail to the new email client to recover the old Hotmail account. You must use the non-Microsoft email client for doing the task.
- Go to the Outlook settings.
- Click on the ‘Sync email’ option.
- Choose ‘ other email accounts.
- Provide the email address and password of your Hotmail account to get connected.
- If you are using Gmail, open the Settings.
- Click on Accounts> Import.
- Go to “check mail from another account”.
- Enter your Hotmail account and look for the appropriate results.
So, these are some easy methods that can help you to recover your old Hotmail account on your device. We hope that these tips will help you in account recovery without any trouble. In case you are unable to recover your Hotmail account following the instructions above, and wondering how to do it now, the best thing is to contact the team of experts for technical service.
The professionals can help you to identify the root cause behind the problem, and provide you with a customized solution to recover your old Hotmail account. You can contact the professionals at any time of the day as the experts are available around the clock to help the users.