Outlook is one of the widely used online email service providers developed by Microsoft. It is very easy to use and offers several astonishing features. To avail all its necessary proffered features, you must need to successfully login to Outlook account. By the way even after entering the right password your Outlook Keeps Asking for Password. This situation can be too much frustrating and need to obtain effective ways to fix the problem from the root. So, here we suggest you to read the blog-post despite moving here and there. It teaches you the right method to deal with the troubled facing with Outlook account. Feast your eyes here!
What Causes Outlook Keeps Asking for Password Problem?
The list of causes is noted below, take a glance on them:
- If there is a problem with Outlook settings.
- If Outlook profile is corrupt, then also you face such difficulty.
- Poor network connection.
- Antivirus programs installed in PC can also lead to such an error issue.
Steps to Fix Outlook Keeps Asking for Password Problem
What should do if Outlook Keeps Asking for Password? You only need to perform the troubleshooting guides accordingly mentioned underneath. By applying on these methods you can surely fix such problem. Let’s do it:
Step 1: Reset the Login Settings for Outlook
The first step you should take for resolving the Outlook Keeps Asking for Password issue is to reset the login settings of Outlook through Windows Credential Manager. The following step-wise directions you have to go through for that:
- First of all go to the “Control Panel” section and then click on “Credentials Manager” option
- After that, navigate to User accounts and go to “Credential Manager”
- Under the “Windows Credentials and Generic Credentials” section, remove any stored credentials referencing the Office 365 or MS Outlook email addresses
- Click on “Details” and select “Remove from vaults”
- Tap “Yes” on the warning box
- Repeat the steps until you remove all of the credentials associated with your Outlook email address
Once the process completes, your Outlook will not ask for password every time when trying to login Outlook. But, if yet it asks for the password, then continue fixing it with next solution method.
Method 2: Clear the Cached Password
Your Windows system stores user credentials on your PC. If the cached credentials are incorrect, you will be prompted for a password again and again. Removing the cached passwords from system is the best solution of this problem. Here is the way to do so:
- Exit Outlook first
- Click “Start” button and go to “Control Panel”
- Now, navigate to “User Accounts” > “Credential Manager” > “Manage your Credentials” and then locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name
- Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then tap “Remove” button. If there are any other credentials referencing the Outlook email addresses, perform the same operation to fix it
If still facing same error problem, go ahead with the next solution.
Method 3: Enable “Remember Password” Option
Another recommended solution is to verify whether you have selected the option to save username and password in Outlook. It can be annoying if every time you will be asked to provide credential while login Outlook, so make sure the option “Remember Password” is enabled. Here are the ways you can go through for checking it:
- First launch Outlook and then go to “File” tab
- Now, under “Info” section, choose and expand “Account Settings” and then select “Account Settings”
- After that, double-click your account listed under the Email tab
- After doing that, “Change Account” window will pop-up on the screen. You have to ensure that the “Remember Password” option is checked
Method 4: Make Sure the Option “Always Prompt For Logon Credentials” Is Uncheck
If the option ‘prompt for credentials’ is checked, Outlook will keep asking for the password. So, make sure this option is uncheck. Verify this with the help of below mentioned steps:
- First, you need to get the “Change Account” window as Method 3 shows
- And then, click on “More Settings” option
- Once the “Microsoft Exchange” window pop-up onto the screen, switch to “Security” tab and uncheck “Always prompt for logon credentials” option if it is checked-mark
- At the end, click on “OK” tab to save the changes and then re-open your Outlook
If yet Outlook Keeps Asking for Password, then try using another solution.
Method 5: Create a New Profile
If none of the above methods helpful in eliminating this problem, then try to create a new profile. Follow the steps noted beneath for this:
- First, Exit Outlook
- Now, click on “Start” button and open “Control Panel”
- Choose the “Mail” option under the control panel section
- In the pop-up dialog, click “Show Profiles”
- In the Mail window, click “Add” button
- And then type the name for the new profile
- Now, tap OK in the pop-up New Profile window
- After that, you are required to enter your name and email address, click “Next” and then tap “Finish” button
- Once you come back to the Mail window, check “Always use this profile for your new profile” and then tap “OK” to save the changes
Method 6: Start Outlook in Safe Mode and Disable Add-Ins
When you open Outlook in Safe Mode, it starts without extensions or custom toolbar settings. In order to do this, the easiest way is to hold down the Ctrl key while opening the Outlook shortcut.
Now, steps for disable add-ins are:
- First, open Outlook and then go to File -> Options -> Add-ins
- After choosing “Add-ins” option from the left panel, a new pop-up will display where you can view all the add-ins and manage all the Add-ins installed
- After that, select the add-in you want to remove and then tap on “Remove” button to disable it
Method 7: Update Outlook to the Latest Version
Last but not the least option, there might be something goes wrong with your Outlook application itself due to which Outlook Keeps Asking for Password. Thus, in this problematic condition you must ensure that your Outlook has been updated to the latest version. If it is not up-to-date, do it by following guides:
- Open Outlook first
- Now go to “File” tab and select “Office Account” option
- After that, you will have to tap on “Update Options” and then choose “Update Now” button from the drop-down menu
Dial 24/7 Helpline Number for Instant Support
I just hope that the methods described above have helped you in solving Outlook Keeps Asking for Password. But, in case, the same problem still arises when login to Outlook, don’t pull your hairs as we are always there for your help. You only have to put a ring on Email Support Number anytime and stay tuned with us. We are talented and experienced in dealing with such type of problems. So, in a quick way you can get rid of it.