Although the reputed organization Microsoft runs Outlook, that doesn’t mean it’s immune to errors. In several instances, the users have reported that Outlook stuck on loading profile and not allowing the users to access emails. It merely indicates that you won’t get past the loading profile screen whenever you try to open the MS Outlook, thus freezing at a single point.
Multiple reasons cause this issue, which anybody can fix using simple tricks, as discussed in this guide. Moreover, you must follow the exact steps from this article to fix the Outlook program not opening beyond Loading Profile.
Causes of Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile
- Connectivity issues with Outlook
- Corrupted User Profile
- Lack of Permission to access Profile
- Outlook trying to access something online and failing
- Difficulty with Add-ins
- Corrupt PST file
Steps to Fix Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile Problem
Let’s start the troubleshooting process to resolve the issue when your Outlook gets stuck at the loading profile. After following these steps, you will be able to open the Outlook and access mails.
Step 1: Run Outlook as an administrator
- Locate the MS Outlook icon on your desktop.
- Now you will need to right-click on the icon.
- Click Run as administrator on the drop-down list.
- Now click Yes on the confirmation screen.
Once you launch Outlook as an administrator, you will most likely get rid of the problem.
Step 2: Deactivate the Outlook Compatibility Preferences
Disable the Outlook’s compatibility preferences. Follow the underlying processes to resolve the Outlook freezing on the loading profile.
- Firstly, you will have to right-click in Outlook shortcut on the desktop.
- Now click Properties in the drop-down list.
- Once the outlook.exe Properties page opens, click the Compatibility tab.
- Under the Compatibility mode section, uncheck the box saying Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Now click Apply> Ok and close the window.
Step 3: Disable Add-Ins in Outlook
Still, your MS Outlook 365 freezes at the loading profile? Try these steps to run Outlook in Safe Mode and disabling the add-ins.
- Ensure that the Outlook is closed and then press Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialogue box.
- You outlook.exe/safe and hit Enter.
- Now the MS Outlook will open in Safe Mode.
- The next window might prompt you to confirm the Profile Name. Verify, alter if needed, and click Ok.
- Now click the File tab and select Option on the list side panel to open the Outlook settings.
- Further, you have to click Add-ins on the left side panel.
- Now locate the Manage drop-down menu and click over the block adjacent to it.
- Here you will have to choose COM Add-ins and click Go after that.
- You will see the list of Add-ins, uncheck all of them and click Ok right after that.
- Now relaunch Outlook and check if the loading profile issue is sorted or not.
- Once the issue fixes, re-enable the Add-ins one-by-one to see which one was at fault.
Step 4: Navigation Panel Reset
Close the MS Outlook and begin the following steps.
- Open the Run dialogue box (Windows + R keys).
- Once the Run box pops up, type outlook.exe/resetnavpane and hit Enter.
- After that, the Navigation Panel will reset into the default mode and fixing the Outlook issues.
Step 5: Use Task Manager to Stop all MS Office Programs
If, until now, you didn’t succeed in fixing Outlook stuck on loading profile, then you should close the MS Office programs using Task Manager and henceforth relaunch the Outlook.
- Save all the files before proceeding with these steps.
- Search for Task Manager and open the app.
- Once the window opens, click the Processes
- Now locate the MS Office app, right-click on them and click End Task(Repeat this process for all office apps).
- After that, relaunch MS Outlook and check if it opens beyond the loading profile.
Step 6: Disable the Outlook Presence
- Open the Outlook on your computer.
- Now hover your cursor to the File
- On the left sidebar, click Options.
- Now click People on the left sidebar.
- Now under the Online status and photographs section, uncheck “Display online status next to the name “and also uncheck “Show user photographs when available.”
- Click Ok to save the settings.
- Close all the applications, including Outlook, and relaunch it to check if it’s still stuck on the loading profile.
Step 7: Use the Repair tool to fix Outlook
Sometimes, the corrupted PST files can create an issue that doesn’t allow Outlook to load profile. To fix the problem, you have to close Outlook and use a repair tool.
- Click the Search box, type scanpst.exe, and click Ok.
- The repair tool window opens, click the Browse
- Choose the file that you want to scan and click Start right after that.
- The tool starts scanning and looks for errors.
- Once the process completes, checkmark the box “Make a backup of scanned file before repairing.“
- Now click Repair to fix the errors.
Step 8: Create a new MS Outlook Profile
Creating a new Outlook profile is another solution if Outlook gets stuck on the loading profile. If you don’t have any idea how to make the one, then follow the underlying steps.
- Ensure the Outlook is closed.
- Now open the Run dialogue box the same way you did it in previous steps.
- Type control mlcfg32.cpl and hit Enter.
- The Mail Setup – Outlook page opens, click Show Profiles> Add to create a new Outlook profile.
- Rename the profile as per your choice and click Ok.
- Now, enter the email credentials under the auto email account field.
- You need to choose a new Outlook profile and select Always Use This Profile option.
- Now click Apply> Ok to confirm the settings.
Miscellaneous Steps to fix Outlook when it’s stuck on loading profile
1. Antivirus program hampering Outlook function
If you didn’t get any satisfactory result, then it must be due to an antivirus program. You must temporarily shut it down to check if it resolves the problem. Also, if you are running any other third-party program, then close that as well. Most likely, now you will be able to access Outlook mail.
2. Open Outlook in Airplane Mode
Whenever you open Outlook, it tries to establish a connection with the server to fetch new mails. However, if there is an error in the network, then it can cause Outlook to freeze at the loading profile. You can try to launch the Outlook after activating the Airplane mode on your computer.
Reach out to the experts
While running an Outlook or any other email program, it’s quite common to face errors. However, a few of them become a headache and need some serious actions to be taken. The Outlook stuck on loading profile is one such issue that requires an immediate fix to access emails. If you still face any error in opening Outlook, you must consider contacting our email support experts. Reach out to us through Email Chat Support elaborating the problem you are facing, and get immediate solutions.