Outlook is one of the widely used online email service providers developed by Microsoft. To avail all its necessary proffered features, you must need to successfully login to Outlook account. By the way, even after entering the right password your Outlook Keeps Asking for Password. To fix the password problem with outlook, you need to apply the right solution. This situation can be too much frustrating and need to obtain effective ways to fix the problem from the root. So, here we suggest you to read the blog post despite moving here and there. It teaches you the right method to deal with the troubles facing with Outlook account. Feast your eyes here!
Why does Outlook Keeps Prompting for Password?
The list of causes is noted below, take a glance at them:
- If there is a problem with Outlook settings.
- Outlook is disconnected from server.
- Outlook is set to prompt for credentials.
- If Outlook profile is corrupted.
- Poor network connection.
- Antivirus programs installed on PC can also lead to such an error issue.
To Fix Outlook Keeps Asking for Password Problem
What should do if Outlook Keeps Asking for your Password? You only need to perform the troubleshooting guides accordingly mentioned underneath. By applying these methods you can surely fix such a problem. Let’s do it:
Method 1: Reset the Login Settings for Outlook
The first step you should take for resolving the password problem with Outlook 2016 issue is to reset the login settings of Outlook through Windows Credential Manager. The following step-wise directions you have to go through for that:
- First of all, go to the “Control Panel”.
- After that, navigate to User accounts and go to “Credential Manager”
- Go to the “Windows Credentials and Generic Credentials” section.
- Click on “Details” and select “Remove from vaults” and confirm by clicking on ‘Yes‘
- Repeat the steps until you remove all of the credentials associated with your Outlook email address
Once the process completes, your Outlook will not ask for the password every time when trying to log in to Outlook. But, if yet it asks for the password, then continue fixing it.
Method 2: Use “Remember Password” Option
Another recommended solution is to verify whether you have selected the option to save username and password in Outlook. It can be annoying if every time you will be asked to provide credentials while login Outlook, so make sure the option “Remember Password” is enabled. Here are the ways you can go through for checking it:
- First, launch Outlook and then go to “File” tab
- Now, under “Info” section, choose and expand “Account Settings” and then select “Account Settings”
- After that, double-click your account listed under the Email tab
- After doing that, “Change Account” window will pop-up on the screen. You have to ensure that the “Remember Password” option is checked
Method 3: Ensure “Always Prompt For Logon Credentials” is Unchecked
If the option ‘prompt for credentials’ is checked, Outlook will keep asking for the password. So, make sure this option is unchecked. Verify this with the help of the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the “Change Account” window using the above method
- And then, click on “More Settings” option
- Once the “Microsoft Exchange” window pop-up onto the screen, switch to “Security” tab and uncheck “Always prompt for logon credentials” option if it is checked-mark
- In the end, click on “OK” tab to save the changes and then re-open your Outlook
If yet Outlook Keeps prompting for Password, then try using another solution.
Method 4: Create a New Profile
If none of the above methods are helpful in eliminating this problem, then try to create a new profile. Follow the steps noted beneath for this:
- First, Exit Outlook
- Now, click on “Start” button and open “Control Panel”
- Click on ‘User Accounts‘ and choose the “Mail” option
- In the pop-up dialog, click “Show Profiles”
- In the Mail window, click “Add” button
- And then type the name for the new profile
- Now, tap OK in the pop-up New Profile window
- After that, you are required to enter your name and email address, click “Next” and then tap “Finish” button
- Once you come back to the Mail window, check “Always use this profile for your new profile” and then tap “OK” to save the changes
Also helpful: Outlook Stuck on Loading Profile
Method 5: Start Outlook in Safe Mode and Disable Add-Ins
When you open Outlook in Safe Mode, it starts without extensions or custom toolbar settings. In order to do this, the easiest way is to hold down the Ctrl key while opening the Outlook shortcut.
Now, steps for disable add-ins are:
- First, open Outlook and then go to File -> Options -> Add-ins
- After choosing “Add-ins” option from the left panel, a new pop-up will display where you can view all the add-ins and manage all the Add-ins installed
- After that, select the add-in you want to remove and then tap on “Remove” button to disable it
Method 6: Update Outlook to the Latest Version
Last but not least option, there might be something that goes wrong with your Outlook application itself due to which Microsoft Outlook still asking for Password. Thus, in this problematic condition, you must ensure that your Outlook has been updated to the latest version. If it is not up-to-date, do it by following guides:
- Open Outlook first
- Now go to “File” tab and select “Office Account” option
- After that, you will have to tap on “Update Options” and then choose “Update Now” button from the drop-down menu
Also Helpful: Troubleshoot Common Microsoft Outlook Problems
Dial 24/7 Helpline Number for Instant Support
I just hope that the methods described above have helped you in solving Outlook Keeps Asking for Password. But, in case, the same problem still arises when login into Outlook, don’t pull your hair as we are always there for your help. You only have to put a ring on Email Support Number anytime and stay tuned with us. We are talented and experienced in dealing with such types of problems. So, in a quick way you can get rid of it.