Why Yahoo Mail is Not Updating Inbox on iPhone? Fix It Now
Accessing Yahoo Mail on iPhone is completely a new norm. Thus, feel free to utilize Yahoo on iPhone either by installing the Yahoo mail app or adding the Yahoo account to the in-built mail app. For better emailing performance, Yahoo Mail updates Inbox on iPhone regularly. But, there are times when all of sudden Yahoo Mail Is Not Updating Inbox on iPhone. In such a scenario, all you are required to do is to give a serious check on the speed of the internet connection. If nothing you are able to understand, carry the fruitful troubleshooting tricks mentioned in this post. This will help you, for sure!
Yahoo Mail Is Not Updating Inbox on iPhone – Here’s Why
It is quite essential to first detect the actual reason behind Why Is My Yahoo Mail Not Updating problem. Unless you identify the possible factors for its appearance, you won’t rectify this nasty issue. So, here, we gathered the causes that could lead to Yahoo mail stops updating mailbox problematic errors. Give a short glimpse:
- Poor or unstable internet connection running on iPhone device.
- Most probably, you have exhausted the data pack.
- Accretion of internet data files such as cache, cookies, etc.
- Technical glitches in the web browser that you are currently using to access Yahoo Mail.
- Yahoo Mail may not let your Inbox be updated due to incorrect email or server settings.
- Outdated iOS could also result in the same problem.
- Incompatible Yahoo Mail app with updated iOS.
- Mistakenly disable Fetch New Data.
Methods to Fix Yahoo Mail Is Not Updating Inbox on iPhone
There are not a single but numerous solving tricks we put the effort into providing you at your fingertips. All you require to do is implement the given guidelines one after another swiftly to let Yahoo Mail updating inbox. Start following hassle-freely!
Method 1: Check Your Internet
To update any app including Yahoo on iPhone, make sure iPhone is well-linked to Wi-Fi or has great internet speed. Therefore, check your network connection and if necessary reset the network settings or power the iPhone off and restart it. Here’s how to reset network settings and restart them:
- First, on your iPhone, you have to navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Once your network is reset finally, switch off your iPhone and switch it on after a while.
If this didn’t help in eliminating Yahoo Mail Not Updating on iPhone, continue solving using the next method.
Method 2: Confirm Yahoo Mail Is Working
There would be a high chance of Yahoo Mail not working issue and hence results in Yahoo Mail Not Updating problem. You can check and verify the account with the below-noted guide:
- First, open Safari on your iPhone.
- Next, go to the Yahoo mail official website.
- Now, login to your Yahoo mail account with the correct credentials.
- Now, read your emails carefully and then try to send them once again.
- If you are able to send or read your email, it is thus confirmed that there are no account-related issues.
- Now, you will spontaneously get Yahoo Mail inbox updates and will be able to receive new emails hindrance freely.
If you can’t receive any new email yet in your Yahoo Mailbox, continue following the fixing guide to sort it out.
Method 3: Update your iPhone
Since the latest iOS versions fix many annoying bugs/errors existing in previous versions. So, whenever Yahoo Mail Not Updating Inbox, you have to immediately update your iPhone to the latest available update. The step-by-step procedure for checking for iPhone update availability is listed beneath:
- First of all, on your iPhone, click the “Settings” tab
- Then, navigate to General > Software Update.
- If any update is available, it will be displayed on the screen.
- You only have to go through the on-screen prompts to update your iOS.
Now, even after updating your iPhone device, Yahoo Won’t Update Mailbox, don’t panic! There is another solution, you just need to try.
Method 4: Remove and Re-add Yahoo
Removing your Yahoo account from your iPhone and re-adding it after a couple of seconds may solve Yahoo Mail not updating problem. Though, there is no need to worry about losing your email as Yahoo email is always stored on Yahoo’s servers. Now, you can hassle-freely delete your Yahoo account and re-add it to your iPhone. Here’s how:
- First, give a click on your Yahoo account’s name.
- Then, select the “Delete Account” tab.
- Confirm your account deletion.
- Restart your iPhone device.
- Go back to the “Settings” menu and select the “Passwords & Accounts” tab.
- Then, select the “Add Account” option.
- Choose Yahoo from the given list.
- Follow the displayed guidelines to add your account back to your iPhone.
Now, check if iPhone Mail is updating on iPhone or not. Move to the next solving tricks if it didn’t work.
Method 5: Is Yahoo Mail Server Down?
Yahoo Mail server is probably down for the time being due to which Yahoo Mail Not Updating Inbox. Thus, it is a very good idea to look for Yahoo and see if it is recently experiencing any service issues. If it is so, waits for a couple of hours till the server down issue gets resolved. Once the Yahoo Mail server is functioning well, Yahoo will start automatically updating your Inbox. Hence, you will start receiving newly sent emails, but if it is not yet, follow the next solving tricks.
Method 6: Modify Your Email Settings
Changing your Yahoo Mail Security Settings accurately could be effective in eliminating Yahoo Mail Not Updating On iPhone problem. So, let’s start doing it now using the below-noted stepwise guide:
- First of all, open Safari on your iPhone.
- Now, browse the official Yahoo Mail website and Sign in to your account with correct login credentials.
- Now, click on the “Account Info” tab to select “Account Security.”
- After that, turn on the “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” option.
Related Post: Fix Yahoo Mail not Syncing Issue on Android, iPhone, Mac, iPad
Contact 24/7 Online Tech-Support If Yahoo Mail Not Updating On iPhone
We hope that at least one of the aforesaid solving methods helped you to eradicate Yahoo Mail Not Updating problem. If none of the solutions was effectively beneficial for you, connect with our technical team. Call the toll-free helpline number for instant quality support and technical assistance. Your problem will definitely be taken on a serious note and in a pinch will be exterminated.