Yahoo is loaded with great features, and one such feature is Yahoo Mail search. It enables the users to search for the desired emails from thousands of emails. You have to type the desired keyword in the search box and get the email. But sometimes, the Yahoo Mail search not working due to technical glitches. If you are experiencing the same, then you are at the right place. This blog will tell you the perfect methods you can apply to fix the Yahoo search issue. But the main question arises that what causes this issue. You don’t have to worry. We also explain the reasons for the same.
Read Also – How To Add Signature To Yahoo Mail
Why is Yahoo Mail Search Not Working?
We have listed the possible reasons that are responsible for search in Yahoo Mail not working issue:
- Due to an incompatible or outdated browser.
- Cache and cookies files prevent Yahoo from operating.
- Corrupt or improper settings can affect Yahoo.
- Also, the system antivirus blocks Yahoo.
- When you don’t have much space.
- Some extensions can interrupt the connection.
Read Also – How To Remove Ads From Yahoo Mail
Steps to Follow When Yahoo Mail Search Not Working
Yahoo Mail search plays a vital role when we want a specific email. But when the Yahoo Mail search function not working follow the mentioned solutions to troubleshoot it.
Solution 1: Clear Browser’s Cache & Cookies
- Firstly, open the browser and go to the Menu from the right top.
- Secondly, click on More Tools and choose Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, choose a Date Range and check the Cookies and Other Site Data checkbox.
- After that, click on Clear Data.
- Lastly, restart your browser.
Solution 2: Update Your Browser
When your Yahoo Mail search not working, it can be due to an older browser version. Updating it to the latest version might fix your search issue. Follow the steps:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Go to the right top and click on More.
- Now choose Help and then About Google Chrome.
- Click on the Update Google Chrome option.
Note: If you can find the Update button, you have the latest version.
- When the browser update to the latest release, Relaunch it and check for the issue.
Solution 3: Restart Your Computer When Yahoo Mail Search Not Working
If updating the browser doesn’t help you, you can perform a computer restart. When you update the browser, the system doesn’t recognize its update. So, restarting the system will do that, and it will also fix the issue. Perform a restart by pressing the Alt+F4 keys together and choosing the Restart option from the drop-down menu. In some time, your computer will restart and check for the Yahoo search issue.
- Launch Chrome on your computer.
- Click on Menu and then Settings from the right top.
- Now, choose the Security and Privacy option.
- Later, click on Site Settings.
- Refresh browser.
- Click on the More menu and choose Open with Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools and choose Internet Options.
- Now, you have to click on the Security Tab and choose the Custom Level option.
- Click on Enable for Active Scripting from the Scripting section.
- Lastly, click on Yes.
- Click on the Firefox menu.
- Then, choose Options.
- From the options wizard, choose the Content tab.
- Later, click on the OK button.
- Lastly, reload your browser to check Yahoo Mail search not working issue.
- Click on Preferences from the Safari menu.
- Click on Security.
- Click on Close and relaunch the browser.
If you see an error: This site needs the use of Scripts, which your browser doesn’t allow. So clear the Safari browser cache and cookies.
- Choose Preferences
- Click on Privacy.
- Choose Remove all website data.
- Click on Remove now.
Solution 5: Disable Antivirus
Sometimes, the system antivirus prevents Yahoo Mail from performing well. Thus, your Yahoo Mail search not working. You need to disable the Antivirus to fix the Yahoo search issue. Here’s how:
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Type Windows Security and press the Enter button.
- Now, you have to choose Virus & Threat Protection from the left panel.
- In the Virus & Threat Protection Settings, scroll down and click Manage Settings.
- Under the Real-time protection, click on the Toggle button to disable Windows Antivirus temporarily.
- Restart your system.
Solution 6: Uninstall or Remove Extensions
The browser’s add-ins can affect the Yahoo Mail working. So to have a better working function for Yahoo, remove the Add-ins with the following steps:
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Now, click on the menu and choose More Tools.
- After that, click on Extensions.
- Here, you will get a list of extensions; click on the Remove button to remove them.
- Confirm by clicking on Remove.
Solution 7: Reset Browser Default Settings
If none of the above methods can’t help you to fix the Yahoo Mail search not working issue, then you can reset the browse’s settings to the default. For that, follow the steps:
- Click on the browser’s menu and choose Settings.
- Now, click on the Advanced option.
- Click on Reset and Clean Up.
- Select Restore Settings to Their Original Defaults.
- Click on Reset Settings to confirm
Read Also – How To Recover Hacked Yahoo Account
The Bottom Line
The Yahoo Mail search function makes finding the desired email from the Yahoo account simple. But when it doesn’t work, the searching process becomes hard. So to fix your Yahoo Mail search not working issue, we present the seven fixes. You can try them all without any hassle. However, if you fail to fix the problem, kindly contact our email technical experts. They will assist you with the perfect solution for the same. Thank You!