Are you struggling to stop the unwanted emails on your Yahoo account? Don’t worry, and keep reading this guide. Here we are going to provide you with easy instructions on how to stop spam emails on Yahoo. Although, Yahoo itself checks for the suspected email messages and sends them to the spam folder. And unwanted email can always make their way back to your account, so it is preferable to stop them forever. In this post, you will get complete information on how to block spam emails on Yahoo.
Read Also – How To Remove Ads From Yahoo Mail
How to stop spam emails on Yahoo?
Here is how to stop spam emails from Yahoo by blocking the spam addresses. You can use the steps if you are receiving emails over and over from the specific sender. You can block the emails to keep them out of your inbox. Although many spam services use a dynamic email address for avoiding this, if you are trying to block the spam email messages using different email addresses, try to delete spam on desktop and smartphone.
Steps to follow are:
- Login to your Yahoo Email account using the Yahoo mail ID and password. Go to the inbox.
- If required, switch to ‘Yahoo view’. In case you are using the older Yahoo version, you need to upgrade the inbox.
- Now, open the spam email message that you would like to block.
- Copy the email address of the spam message. While copying the address, make sure that you do not include the brackets.
- Go to the ‘Settings’. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on the ‘ More settings option.
- Choose ‘ Security and privacy.
- Hit the Add button present next to the ‘blocked addresses’ heading.
- Here you need to enter the spam email address in the text field.
- Click on the Save button.
That’s all! These are some simple steps you need to follow to know how to block spam emails on Yahoo Mail accounts. The steps will let you prevent future spam emails from reaching your inbox.
Steps to block spam emails on Yahoo mobile
If you are receiving spam emails on your smartphone device, and want to know how to stop spam emails on Yahoo mobile app, proceed with the following easy steps and complete the task.
- Open the Yahoo Mail application on your smartphone device.
- Tap the’ hamburger’ menu.
- Under the ‘Tools’ section, click on ” filters”.
- Tap the ‘+’ icon.
- Select the name for the new filter and provide the email address that you would like to block under the ‘Sender’ feeling.
- Once you are done, you need to click on the Done button.
Read Also – Fix the : yahoo mail not working
Unsubscribe from the mailing list
It is not necessary that all the spam emails you are receiving our monecious. Some of the emails also load with the promotional or marketing content from a particular brand that you may have signed up for earlier. However, these emails can always clutter your inbox. If you are not interested to read these emails and do not want to receive them in the future, you can always click on the unsubscribe option from the mailing list. This will help you to prevent the emails from making their way to the inbox. The process of unsubscribing emails is very simple. All you need is to open the email that you would like to unsubscribe from and go to the bottom.
At the bottom, you can find the unsubscribe option. Tap on the option, and once you click on it you will be directed to the next page where you will be asked for the confirmation. Confirm your choice avoid the future hassles of receiving spam emails. So this is how to stop spam emails on Yahoo by unsubscribing the sender.
Create a secondary email address
Many times, promotional or marketing emails come to your inbox when you purchase any product online. In such a situation you can consider registering or signing to the website using a secondary email address. This will help you to prevent receiving spam emails on your business or personal email. You can create a secondary email address only for some specific activities like shopping or subscription. This way you can avoid receiving spam emails on your personal or professional email account.
These easy instructions will help you to know how to block spam emails on Yahoo applications. Blocking spam emails can help you to stay away from the bad senders, but it does not mean that your account is 100% secure. Although you will definitely stay away from the senders from whom you do not want to receive the emails, there are certain safety measures that you must take to keep your Yahoo account protected.
- Do not click without thinking– Although, the Yahoo Mail account can send emails for Malware and viruses, you cannot expect all the emails to be detected. It is recommended to make sure that you check with the sender twice before clicking on any email. Only open the emails received from legitimate senders.
- Keep the personal details to yourself- Sometimes, the goal of intruders behind sending the spam email is used to trick the user into disclosing their sensitive information. For this, the spammers send emails that seem innocent and often pretend to be a friend, distant relative, or schoolmate. Search emails in balls the links to the fake websites that ask for private information, and once the user enters the details, the information gets hacked. So you must keep the personal details to yourself to avoid such obstacles.
- Report the malicious emails– Rather than just blocking the spam emails, you must report the spammers directly to the Yahoo team. The team will then investigate the case and take the appropriate action. It is your responsibility to report the threatening or abusive emails, and the emails with appropriate content. Reporting the email may take a few minutes, but it will help you to protect the Yahoo Mail account and the other email users.
Read Also – How to Recover Hacked Yahoo Account
So these are some easy instructions that can help you to know how to stop spam emails on Yahoo. The guide is presenting the numerous ways to block spam emails on Yahoo accounts. So if you are a regular Yahoo Mail user, and often receive unwanted or spam emails on your yahoo account, proceed with the provided instructions and block those emails. The provided guidelines are easy to follow, and let you efficiently manage the Yahoo emails. But, if you are still unable to block the spam emails on your Yahoo account and need help, do not hesitate to contact the support team and get a piece of expert advice.