Outlook is one of the most used email clients among users in this fast-paced world. It offers a smooth and hassle-free email sending/receiving facility to its users. But it is also the reality that every once in a while Outlook Not Sending Emails problem occurs. It mostly happens because of some unknown facts and factors. Read the post-top-to-toe consistently to know why you are unable to send any emails and how to solve it quickly. We have mentioned fruitful information for you so that you can shortly and effortlessly overcome your problem. Let’s go with it without any hesitation!
Reasons behind Outlook not Sending Emails Error
Outlook won’t Send Emails due to several possible reasons. Most common among them are listed underneath:
- Outlook connectivity issues.
- Authentication error.
- Incorrect password.
- Entering the wrong recipient’s email address.
- Outlook Email Settings are probably inappropriately configured.
- When TCP/IP Protocol is disabled, then also you can’t send any emails or messages to your clients.
- Maybe Outlook Server is down.
Why Outlook won’t let Me Send Emails?
It is too much frustrating for any of you when Outlook receives email very frequently but won’t let you send. As we have seen above, numerous reasons are responsible for such a problematic hurdle. But when we talk about the major one, then it is the poor network connection. So, if the system has bad internet, Outlook won’t let me Send Emails anyhow. Therefore, before again attempting to send your emails, make sure your PC has strong bandwidth of the internet.
Solutions to Resolve Outlook Not Sending Emails Error
However, solving Outlook Not Sending Emails Error is as simple as closing/opening Outlook on Windows. It could be somehow a bit more complicated to deal with it especially when you are less technically skilled. Though, no one needs to be wagged off as productive troubleshooting guidelines are instructed beneath. Simply, you are required to take a sneak peek into the below-noted guide and follow:
Solution 1: Try To Send an Email Again
If Outlook fails to send an email first time, try sending it again. Here’s how:
- First, give a right-click onto the email that is stuck in outbox.
- Now, tap on “Move” to select the “Drafts” folder.
- Now, open the email present in the Drafts folder and then simply click the “Send” button.
- Check to see if the mail you are trying to send is now in the “Sent” folder.
If it is still in Outbox, it means Emails Not Sending in Outlook problem remains to exist.
Solution 2: Double-check Recipient’s Email Address
It is most obvious when there is a typo in email address of your recipient, Outlook Emails Not Sending problem appears. The email will then be prevented from Outlook to send. That’s why it is our suggestion to type the correct email address without making a single mistake.
Solution 3: Check Your Outlook Connection
Make sure that high-speed internet is running on your system. Also, you have to verify that you are working online in Outlook. Here’s how you can check and ensure about it:
- First, launch Outlook with correct login credentials.
- Thereafter, give a brief look at the lower-right corner of the Outlook window. If either of “Disconnected”, “Working Offline”, and “Trying to connect” is noted, Outlook is connected to your email server.
- To bring it online, click the “Send/Receive” tab on the ribbon.
- Place a single tap on “Work Offline” in the Preferences group.
- In the lower-right corner, you will be able to see “Connected to Server.”
- Click the “Send/Receive All Folders” tab in the “Send & Receive” group.
- Now, check to see if the mail is now in the Sent folder or still in the outbox. If Outlook Not Sending Emails yet, apply further solutions.
Solution 3: Glimpse of the Outlook Attachments
There is a limitation of the email size files in Outlook. You can send 20 megabytes for internet accounts, such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail, and 10 MB for Exchange accounts. When you attach a file in your new mail and try to send it, you may receive an error message. The error problem can be faced due to file size. So, to smooth sending your email without any distraction, increase the size limit for Outlook. And thereafter send the email to your recipient.
Solution 4: Sync Your Password
If you recently changed your email password online, it is exclusively required to change it in Outlook as well. Otherwise, you won’t be able to send/receive emails or else Outlook 2007 Not Sending Emails problem may be experienced. Here’s the complete guideline for changing your password in Outlook:
- Click on the “File” menu.
- Navigate to Account Settings > Account Settings and select the “Email” tab.
- Now, choose your email account for which you want to change the password.
- And then give a click on the “Change” option.
- Now, enter your updated password in the “Password” field box.
- And then press Next > Close > Finish.
- Now, from the upper-left corner, click the “Send/Receive All Folders” button or press F9 to try sending your email.
Solution 5: Repair Outlook
It’s possible your Outlook application is damaged for which Outlook Not Sending Emails Windows 10. You are here recommended to utilize the built-in Microsoft Office repair utility to fix it. Here’s how:
- Close all Microsoft Office applications if running on your Windows 10
- Now, open Windows Search box and type “Apps & Features.”
- From the opened list, select the “Apps & Features” tab.
- From the list of installed apps and features, locate “Microsoft Office.”
- Now, choose the “Modify” option.
- Tap “Yes” if it is asking, “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”
- Then, select Online Repair > Repair.
- Now, restart Outlook once the repair process gets successfully done.
If still Outlook Not Sending Emails, continue following the fixing instructions.
Solution 6: Generate a New Email Profile
Most probably, your current email profile is corrupted. So, in such circumstances, we advise you to create a new one. Here’s how:
- Open Windows Search bar, type control panel, and then press OK.
- From Control Panel, select “User Accounts” and then click “Mail.”
- In the Mail window, select “Add Account.”
- From Add Account window, select “Email Account.”
- Afterward, fill up all the details of yours precisely. You have to enter your Name, Email Address, and Password. After filling the box, press “OK.”
- After that, select “Manually Configure Server Settings.”
- Now, on the “Choose Service” page, click Internet E-mail, and then tap “Next.”
- Fill in the boxes in the “Internet E-mail Settings” dialog box. Make sure that the Account Type setting is set to “POP3.”
- Once you are confirmed, press “Next” and then click “Finish.”
- Now, get back to the Mail window, select the profile you just have created.
- Click “OK.”
- Open Outlook and try sending emails from the newly created email profile.
Solution 7: Make Sure TCP/IP Protocol Is Enabled
If Outlook Not Sending Emails yet even after switching to another profile, this time you should focus on TPC/IP. Check to see if it is set as your default protocol. Here’s how to verify it:
- Go to Windows Search, type “ncpa.cpl”, and then hit the “Enter” key.
- Put a right-click on your Internet connection and go to “Properties.”
- Under the “Networking” tab, confirm that Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) is selected. If it is not, then click on its checkbox to select it.
- Finally, click OK to save the changes if you made.
Send an email now to check if Outlook Emails Not Sending problem has been resolved or not. If yet persists, continue fixing it.
Solution 8: Turn on Email Authentication
Here’s the complete process:
- Go to the “Tools” menu in Outlook.
- Select the “Email Accounts” tab.
- Click “View” or change existing e-mail accounts.
- Afterward, press the “Next” button.
- Now, you have to choose an email account, click on “Change” button, and then go to “More Settings.”
- Go to the “Outgoing Server” tab.
- Give a tick on the checkbox for the option “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”
- Then, select the “Use same setting as my incoming mail server” option.
- Now, click OK > Apply > Finish to save and bind up the process.
Also Helpful: Fix Outlook not Receiving Emails Error
Contact Our Connoisseurs for Quality Technical Assistance
We just hope that at least one of these proffered solutions works out for solving Outlook Not Sending Emails problems. But if unfortunately, none of the aforementioned solving methods are beneficial for you in terms of eradicating your Outlook problem don’t worry! Still, there is a way by which you can solve your problem rapidly and fluently. Dial the provided helpline number and talk to our tech-savvy. They will help you out, for sure!