You have experienced a situation when your Yahoo mail not receiving emails from everyone. However, the person on the other side claims that he has sent you the email not once but multiple times. Sometimes It becomes a confusing situation for you and the sender also. Several reasons can actually become responsible, so you need to know the root cause of the problem and fix it in order to start receiving emails once again.
What’s causing you to not receive an email on Yahoo? What measures should you take to fix this problem? Here you will get to know all the answers to your query. However, you should make sure to follow the instructions in the given order to quickly get back to Yahoo to the working state. Here we go.
Related Post: How to Export Yahoo Email
Why is Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails?
Not one, but a couple of reasons can be responsible when emails are not received in Yahoo Mail. Here we have listed down all the possibilities.
- Incorrect Yahoo account settings.
- Errors in Yahoo account.
- Yahoo server down.
- The sender has entered the wrong or incomplete email address.
- You might have blocked the sender by mistake.
- You might be receiving emails in the Spam folder instead of Inbox.
- The Internet connection is unstable.
- Accumulation of browser data and website cookies.
- Outdated Yahoo email program.
Related Post: How to Setup Yahoo Mail in Outlook
Methods To Fix Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails?
You need to execute a few troubleshooting steps to deal with the issues. Whether Yahoo Mail not receiving emails from Gmail, or from any other email client, the following troubleshooting steps will work with them all.
1. Check The Spam Folders For Emails
First, you should check that mail isn’t landing in Spam folders instead of Yahoo Inbox. It might happen due to Yahoo’s automatic bulk-Mail filter which tends to send unwanted emails to the Spam folders. In case you find the safe emails in the Spam folder, then make sure to safelist the senders to get the emails to your inbox in the future.
2. Rectify The Email Filter Settings
Just like the previous step, you might also come across the incorrect email filter settings. Email filter allows the users to get the emails sorted out automatically as soon as they receive them. Though sometimes this convenient feature becomes problematic and prevents genuine emails from landing in your Yahoo Inbox.
To fix the issue, you just have to check the email filter settings in yahoo email. The overall rectification process might take some time as you will have to check and manually fix the email filter.
3. Unblock The Sender
Shocking indeed! But there might be a possibility of a blocked sender in the list. If you are not able to receive an email from a particular sender then the likelihood of being blocked sender increases. In that case, you should visit the blocked email list under Security and Privacy Settings and remove the blocked sender. Please note that Yahoo arranges the blocked email addresses alphabetically, this will be helpful for you to scroll the list, find the blocked sender and unblock him.
4. Ensure The Reply-To Address Is Blank
Whenever you reply to an email after clicking over the Reply button, the sender’s email ID gets automatically selected and they get the reply instantly. However, you can choose to receive an email on your desired email address to fix Yahoo Mail not receiving emails from Gmail, Outlook, or other emails.
5. Reset The Browser
You might fall into a trap where the accumulation of too much browser data and website cookies may prevent you to access Yahoo email. To fix it you can just simply try to close the browser or reset it. If that doesn’t work, you should reset the browser such as Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
6. Sign Out And Sign In Again
If you are using Yahoo Mail app on iPhone or Android, there might be a chance of loose connections. Simple sign-out and sign-in will work to fix the issue.
To sign out of Yahoo on iOS or Android devices.
- Open the Yahoo email
- Click over the Profile icon image.
- Click Sign out.
After that, simply sign in to your email account to fix the Yahoo mail not receiving emails problem. To do so:
- Click the Sign-in
- Enter your Yahoo email address and click Next.
- Enter the Yahoo email password and click Next.
7. Reinstall The Yahoo Email App
If none of the above six steps works out to fix Yahoo not receiving email problems, then you must reinstall the Yahoo app. Before proceeding, you should prefer to uninstall the Yahoo email app.
Here’s how to uninstall the emailing app.
- Keep pressing the Yahoo Mail app for a few seconds.
- Select an Uninstall
- Follow a few more instructions to finish uninstalling the app.
- You should also visit the Settings
- Navigate to the Accounts
- Under the Manage accounts section, edit the accounts that you want to.
- Now click the Remove Account
Reinstall Yahoo email now!
- Go to the App Store for iPhone or Play Store for Android devices.
- Search for the Yahoo email app.
- Download and install the application on your device.
- Now visit the Menu section and click Settings.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Add accounts.
- Enter your complete email address and password, click Next
- You may now enter your name, and description to create a user profile.
8. Keep Yahoo Up-To-Date
Yahoo is very particular about launching timely updates for good user-friendliness. Make sure to set the Yahoo email app to receive automatic updates. Otherwise, you can also do it manually.
Read Also – Why Yahoo Mail Not Sending Emails And To Fix
Those were the simple troubleshooting steps to fix Yahoo Mail not receiving emails in Inbox. Accumulated cookies and browser data, troubling email networks, outdated Yahoo email app or misconfigured email filter settings, and genuine mails routing to Spam folders become the prime suspect.
In case you couldn’t fix it or facing trouble eliminating the problem, then you must get in touch with Email Technical Support experts for prompt resolution. Our Yahoo email troubleshooters will do it on your behalf saving you important business time.