If you don’t know the correct way to forward emails from Outlook then it can be quite a task for you. However, you don’t have to worry about anything as we are here to help you out to make things simpler. All you need to do is follow this guide and you will be able to forward emails from Outlook in no time.
Forward emails from Outlook to a different email address
When you configure Outlook on the web then you will be able to forward the emails automatically that you receive there. All you need to do is refer to these steps:
- Open Outlook and click on the settings on the toolbar
- Click on ‘View all Outlook settings’
- When the dialog box opens, click on ‘Mail’ and then on ‘forwarding’
- You will find a box next to ‘Enable forwarding’. You can click on it
- Fill in the mail address where you wish to receive the email messages
- If you wish to keep a copy of the forwarded message in the account then you can select the option next to ‘Keep a copy of forwarded messages’
- Click on ‘Save’ once you are done
Forward particular emails using a rule in Outlook
There are a number of criteria that you can consider if you wish to set up a rule in Outlook that forwards specific messages. You can do it by:
- Click on ‘Settings’ and then go to ‘View all Outlook settings’
- Click on ‘Mail’ and then navigate to the option that says ‘Rules’
- You should select the option to ‘add a new rule’
- You can keep a name as per your preference. Make sure that you pick a name that is easy to remember
- You can select how to forward the emails by clicking on an item from the ‘Add a condition’ drop down menu. The other options are:
- Click on ‘Has attachment’ to forward all emails with attachments
- Select ‘From to’ forward all emails from a sender that you want
- Choose Importance to forward only emails that have high importance
- Click on the ‘add an action’ tab and then select the format of the forwarded message:
- Click on ‘Forward to’ if you want the messages accelerated as an email
- Click on ‘forward as an attachment’ to forward the email as an unmodified attachment
- Fill in the mail ID where the new messages that match the rule should be sent
- If you want to exclude emails that match a particular criteria then you can:
- Click on ‘Add an exception’
- Tap the ‘Select one’ dropdown option and select the preferred condition.
- Choose the ‘Select an option’ dropdown arrow and choose the option that you want.
- Click on ‘Save’ when done
You can pick the option that is most convenient for you to forward emails from Outlook. If there is something else that you require help with then you can get in touch with Email Support. The experts will help you out with the best of their knowledge.