Due to Outlook Cannot Connect to Server error mostly users may take decision to quit this account from being accessing. Outlook server failure connection problem won’t let you to either send or receive any mail or messages from your recipients. In short, you neither give information to your office members through emailing process nor gain any updated instructions from them. At that point of time, it is quite essential to get rid of such a connectivity problem from Microsoft Outlook.
Usually, you may ask from Email Technical Support team to assist you, but what could do if you are at home and can’t ask them for help to fixing this problem? First, you don’t panic! Secondly, just give a try on the different troubleshooting tricks mentioned underneath. And then check if your Outlook is able to connect to the Exchange Server. Let’s start!
Troubleshooting Guides for Outlook Cannot Connect to Server
The step-by-step provided instructions make your Outlook Cannot Connect to Server error resolve effectively. We’ll start here from the simplest method and then slightly raise the difficulty level one after another. Go through the guidelines consequently to annihilate the server connectivity issue:
Method 1: Uncheck Offline Mode
Sometimes when a user calls and says, “My email won’t work!” it means an Outlook is somehow set in Offline Mode. Therefore, if you are currently using Outlook 2007 or an earlier version, then simply click on “File” menu and see if there is a checkmark next to Work Offline, mark an uncheck immediately, you should be good to go.
In case, you are using Outlook 2010 and/or a latest version, then you need to follow the below-steps:
- Click on the “Send/Receive” option
- Look for the “Work Offline” button
- And then tap on “Offline” button
Now, at the bottom of your Outlook window, you should see something like ‘Trying to Connect…’ if it connects, then your connectivity issue has been sorted out. But if yet not, use the next method.
Method 2: Restart Your Outlook
Many common Outlook problems can be exterminated simply by closing Outlook and restarting it. That’s why; we recommend you to first restart your MS Outlook and, if it doesn’t work out for annihilating Outlook Cannot Connect to Server, then restart your computer system as well. The issue could be caused by the computer having connectivity error. If you open your web browser and can’t reach a website or internal resources, then the most likely the problem would be with computer system.
Method 3: Rebuild Data Files
Outlook uses two different types of data file such as .pst and .ost. Both files types are at risk to some errors that could cause Outlook Connectivity Server Problem. First walk-through the underneath steps to see if you re-connect:
- First, close Outlook
- Click on the “Start” button and choose the “Control Panel” to open it on Window
- Search the “Mail” icon and tap on it
- In the new window, click the “Data Files” button
- Find the file with the same name as your email address
- Click “Open File Location…” tab
- If your file is an .ost file, then give a right click on it to rename the extension to .OLD. If your file is .pst, do not change anything just yet
- Now close all of the current running windows, and reopen Outlook
Outlook will start recreating your data file. This may take from 10 minutes to over an hour, depending on the number of Outlook files you have. Make sure you don’t close Outlook while it’s doing this!
Once it’s completed, a message saying ‘All folders are up to date’ will display on the screen.
If you do not have an .ost data file, but indeed a .pst file, then you should follow the steps below:
- Open C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) in file explorer
- Type scanpst.exe in the search box
- Double click on the file to run the application
- Your default .pst or .ost file should already be selected
- Click Start
Scanpst will run a few scans on the data file, according to the size of data file, this takes time to complete. If it finds errors in the data file, it will prompt you to click on the Repair button. When this happens, you should also give a check on the box saying “Make Backup of Scanned File Before Repairing”. Once this is done and the repair is complete, you can reopen Outlook and check for the connectivity error issue. If still persist, continue with the next solution method.
Method 4: Repair the Office Install
Another possible method you should give a try to fixing Outlook Cannot Connect to Server error is repair the Microsoft Office install. Here are the guides for this you need to follow:
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on “Programs and Features” menu
- Find the Microsoft Office installation and click to select it
- Right-click on it and select “Change”
- Select Repair from the resulting window
- Click Continue
- Allow the repair to complete
- Once the repair process gets done, reboot your computer
After restarting your PC, open your Outlook and see whether the Outlook connection fails to server problem resolves or not. Proceed to further method if it is not connecting.
Method 5: Recreate Your Profile
When all else fails in exterminating Outlook Cannot Connect to Server error, the last trick you should apply is recreating your MS Outlook profile. It is suggested you to create a new profile without deleting the previous one. In order to recreate your profile, you need to know your account setting, so you must have that information before you begin the process. Here’s how to create a new profile:
- Open the Control Panel
- Open Mail
- Click Show Profiles
- Click Add
- Mention the profile a specific name
- Walk through the Outlook account setup wizard
- Once the profile is known to work, you’ll either want to set that profile up as the default or delete the old profile
Contact to Email Support Team for One-Stop Solution
If you have gone through-out the aforementioned troubleshooting guides in an efficient way but unfortunately still facing Outlook Cannot Connect to Server error, then don’t get disappointed! We are a technical team of engineers provide reliable Email Support to every helpless users at their doorstep. You simply need to call us on the provided helpline number and stay tuned hassle-freely.